• Silver (Metallic)
    • Dakar Beige (Metallic)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the kind of outfit I will be wearing at my graduation next month grin.gif, I can see the desperation in learning photochop skills UBM SMOKE6.GIF

Glad this thread came to it's natural conclusion, Sparky would be most upset with this continued banter beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What a coincidence! Remember John telling me at Windsor he found the original 41k receipt in the stack of paperwork that came with the car. Did John question him ordering it with wood trim though!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually pointed out that the only thing which suggested to him that it might not have been his car was the aluminium trim (quote: "I'm sure I didn't spec that..."). He even 'phoned a friend' to verify the registration number! laugh.gif

He asked me if I'd modified it at all since buying it, and my reply was "no, apart from fresh tyres and that awful wood - it had to go!"

Oops. blush.gifcrazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, quality. Why did he have to phone a friend - did he not recognise the registration?

God, that wood was vile though.........

With respect to B5 S4 residuals, I was refering to the B6 S4 September 2002 Paris Motorshow launch. You are right - don't think we got right hand drive in the UK until an 03 plate.

Ian

PS. Ben - you know what I mean....

[ QUOTE ]

Haha, quality. Why did he have to phone a friend - did he not recognise the registration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently not smashfreakB.gif

I can remember the registration mark of every car I've ever owned, but then again I can't remember what I was doing this time last week, or yesterday for that matter...crazy.gif

I got the impression he's had loads of cars and is fortunate (or otherwise smirk.gif) enough to be able to chop and change regularly. He traded my S4 in after nine months at a dealer (hence the £7k loss) against a new B7 S4, which itself was then traded in recently against a new RS4.

He also told me he'd regularly considered equivalent models from other marques, and had always exclusively preferred the Audis. 169144-ok.gif

Clearly money is no object! - I wouldn't change a B6 to a B7, no mechanical differences and the only thing worth having is the quad pipes. Also think the B7 (quad pipes & alu mirrors apart), looks too similar the S-Lines. I'll only be changing my B6 for a B7 RS4!!

The only thing I would add to that is that I think the build quality has improved alot on the B7 compared to the B6, OK I am talking about changing from a B6 cab to a B7 but I noticed some improvements in quality of materials etc. The steering feels different as well, not as 'vague' as my old cab, may have something to do with the quattro and heavier 3.2 engine. I thought B7's were suppose to have improved suspension layouts to rectify some of the known handling problems ?.

As others have also said, if I were looking at a new B7 S4 I would think twice, especially knowing that the B8 S4 could be here within two years. I would go for a decent second hand one to avoid losing all the depreciation.

The suspension setup from standard B6's / cabs did improve a lot when it went B7 but S4's had little modification, hence why you may well fee the B7 cab is far better. Materials wise I don't think there's much difference, kick boards are a different design and the fuel filler flap is the size of a barn door in the B7 for some reason. Quad pipes are nice as is the nose, but not worth changing a B6 for.

[ QUOTE ]

The suspension setup from standard B6's / cabs did improve a lot when it went B7 but S4's had little modification, hence why you may well fee the B7 cab is far better. Materials wise I don't think there's much difference, kick boards are a different design and the fuel filler flap is the size of a barn door in the B7 for some reason. Quad pipes are nice as is the nose, but not worth changing a B6 for.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gifWho's B7 S4 have you been looking at sekret.gif