Not long now!!!

oxfordlad

yes ffs buy the feckers - muppetboy seems to be kicking himself now that he didnt do the 18s!

As for laser blue... been discontinued for a while now but to be honest i havent seen that many blue GTI's about. Quite a few grey and lots of blacks plus a couple of white now for good measure!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that no manufacturer has developed a 'metallic' white (Nope, I don't mean pearl or silver!) tongue.gif. I guess it must down to lack of popularity but I can kind of imagine it looking good on a GTI giving it a frost look grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

alfa do a metallic white. Looks great but is the most expensive colour

147gta.jpg

alfa_romeo_147_gta_2002_06_m.jpg

I see one of those alfas in that colour just about everyday round ours looks far better in the flesh too.

Its a car everyone seems to forget about when talking about hot hatches. I went on the Alfa day a few years back now were they let select few take a bunch of cars round back country roads at your own pace by yourself, the fun part was they used challenging lanes in co.Durham that i grew up driving on. FIREdevil.gif Great fun car when you turn the traction control off as its a bit hyper sensitive with it on as it cuts in too much. Lets just say the Alfa guys so far round knew it was me coming in each of the cars, They said they were taking bets on how much air i could get lol, The 147 GTA imho is far far far far far far far superior to what the motoring press make it out too be infact i was very impressed it was the most fun car i have driven in a lot of years.

I agree snoopy, but i wouldn't have wanted to spend over 24k on one (physcologically i couldn't have anyway.) It's interior just didn't cut it for me. Lovely leather, but poor plastics (dire even) just ruined it.

Alfas are definately a heart not a head purchase.

I tell you what, what a cracking 2nd hand buy now though 12k will get you an early one with half decent legs!!! 169144-ok.gif

You could buy new ones for less than £20K and even when speced less than the equivelent GTI.

I liked the interior but it has been shown my view of plastics so called quality is different to others, especially magazines.

My own personal view on Alfas though is i would not own an Alfa made after 1996.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree snoopy, but i wouldn't have wanted to spend over 24k on one (physcologically i couldn't have anyway.) It's interior just didn't cut it for me. Lovely leather, but poor plastics (dire even) just ruined it.

Alfas are definately a heart not a head purchase.

I tell you what, what a cracking 2nd hand buy now though 12k will get you an early one with half decent legs!!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Having owned an Alfa (a 147, not a 147GTA unfortunately) I would have to completely disagree on the quality of the plastics. In fact, I'd say there were higher quality than those in the Mk5 Golf, by a long way. And they do wear very well. Panel gaps/alignment are slighly worse than the Golf though.

That pearl white is lovely, btw.

Biggest issue is with te 147GTA is the power through those front wheels (250hp), which creates quite bad torque steer in the 147. Absolutely lovely V6 -- arguably the best looking and sounding V6 around.

I agree with above. I also came from a 147 (Not a GTA) and the interior is a far nicer place to be, much nicer use of soft plastics and better quality leather. I was so tempted with the GTA but was put off by fuel/insurance and service costs. Looking back it might have been a good investment because even now the quoted retained value % after 3 years is higher than the GTI. I loved that car......Maybe a Brera next!

Its here! will write up a full post with pics etc later today (if I find the time when I am not driving).

This really is a drivers car, I am astounded with it already - honestly its all I ever need out of a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The GF who said she hated them even likes it.

This is a result of 3+ years of saving and I own the car outright! I am so happy!

Thank you ever so much for your advice you guys and euroimports providing a customer experience second to none.

smile.gif

Sneeky peek! (shutter failed to open fully)

davidGTI.jpg

Stevie, was not me I am afraid to say frown.gif had not got the car by then, it arrived @ 3:15 on the trailer. Was driving it a lot last night and today....

Man I love this car so much its a monster! Gave it its second wash tonight and full diamond brite treatment too so I have to say its looking stunning! - the paintwork when sealed on flat black is something to behold.

I will keep an eye out for you mate.

I love GTI tubro... laugh.gif

Like the plate? VWT (VW turbo) only tempory mind you.

Will post a full review with pics when I return from a business trip.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The 147 GTA is rapid. One passed me with ease in my scoob (267bhp!) between 60 and 90 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif Wouldn't have though a GTA could "easily" pass your scoob mate.

Did you fumble a gear or something crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very surprised. I was on a dual-carriageway and he was up my a$$ about 70 so I floored it in 3rd gear and moved across to the inside lane. Basically he started to cruise past me on the outside lane and I was on FULL throttle. Never seen that before , even when I raced a 3.2 Boxter S. It may have been breathed on but I doubt it. Hey ho, at the end of the day it was still an Alfa :Psmile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Biggest issue is with te 147GTA is the power through those front wheels (250hp), which creates quite bad torque steer in the 147.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know i hear this all the time BUT i drove one which many people who talk about them have not and i was on VERY demanding roads and it really was not an issue imho.

(sorry for the late reply some idiot knocked down my telephone pole last week SAUER0421.GIF I had tiresmoke withdrawls)