F****** Seagulls!!!

Nelson_R32

I left my car at 3pm this afternoon unmarked. When I returned at 5:45 the whole front was covered in Seagull crap!! openfire.gifopenfire.gif By the time I'd cleaned it off 15 minutes later it was too late frown.gif The weather had completely baked it onto the bonnet. So I've now got two 4X4 inch marks on my bonnet which won't polish or handglaze out frown.gif So it looks like a bonnet respray.

As much as I love the car. It seems no matter how carefull I am with the car some cnut wants to ruin it for me! I've had my door mirrors hit twice (the other twat Lorry Driver did a hit and run, also left a nice tyre mark on the wing!) and now this! All in the space of 3 months. I know there only birds at the end of the day and you can't control nature, but its bloody annoying at the same time SAUER0421.GIF

So it looks like I'll be off to the bodyshop soon. On the plus side I've finally order my Optics Pack S-line grille and I'll be having a new set of wheels on the way within 3 months! grin.gif

860736-DSCF1338-640.jpg

Do what i do, I run to ipswich in a fiat (hairdressers) punto. And from new it's got small dented on the drivers wing from a BMW driver, a van driver reversed and dented the front bonnet and busted the front light bracket, Hail stones pelted the car in ipswich and now have dent marks all over the roof, and then i hit the tread off a lorry tyre which ripped off the front bumper and the back bumper, marked the side of the car and bent a front strutt on the A14. The good thing is it does 55mpg, thats why i don't use the Audi to work. Mind you one of them F'ing lorry drivers down the bures road nearly knocked my wing mirror off last week near were there building them house's. Just over took a row of parked cars when i can the opposite way. "Tosser"

[ QUOTE ]

I left my car at 3pm this afternoon unmarked. When I returned at 5:45 the whole front was covered in Seagull crap!! openfire.gifopenfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Think yourself lucky mate, I left my cab outside on the driveway with the roof down and came out to find the interior had been dumped on by what must have been a low flying albatross. It took me the best part of an hour to get it off the seats, dashboard, sun visors, floor etc etc. Not impressed openfire.gifSAUER0421.GIFEEK2.GIF

Nelson, I though you'd have your car LifeShined by now! It's got to be worth doing. I find a good coat of Zymol Carbon repels most Cr*p!

My tip would be soak and wash the poo, then put a coat of wax on it. I have found over the years that bird poo stains can actually fade and recede. So instead of going at the marks left hammer and tongs with compound, just leave them alone for a few weeks.

This has worked for me on factory paint and even recently with body shop applied water based paint on a re-sprayed bonnet.

Not too sure about the wheels mate..............

860788-DTMBrands06013.JPG

860788-DTMBrands06015.JPG

A bit 'busy' for me.

BUB 169144-ok.gif

post-5262-137914365421_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

The photos don't really do them justice Bub...

EDIT: You've just posted much better ones grin.gif I think they look PIMP cool.gif Especially with the grey inserts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been spending too much time on AudiZine Nelson! wink.gif

Good luck with the poo stains.

Straight ballin! cool.gif169144-ok.gif

BUB UHOH7.GIF

Tell me about it!... my S4 goes to the bodyshop this week for the same thing... and no amount of soaking etc on seagul crap gets it off, it eats through the paint in about 1 hour. Talking to the guy at the bodyshop, he says he gets it all the time at the moment...

Could be worse!... I told my wife to watch out for the same thing on her car and thinking she was doing the right thing she cleaned 4 lots off with a cloth without soaking it first and put 4 lots of scratches in the paint instead... SAUER0421.GIFSAUER0421.GIFArrrghh!...

[ QUOTE ]

7478misc_012.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I'm wondering if anthracite alloys will actually look the job on my S4? Didn't think they would initally because of the chrome trim and mirrors I have, but from your photo there maybe they will.... sekret.gif

...... especially with red calipers.

The anthracite wheels I'm thinking of don't have a chrome rim. Pity there ain't any decent pics of them as I'd post it.

It would certainly save on cleaning them, although as compulsive as I am I'd probably still do it anyway! smashfreakB.gif