[Audi A3/S3] New S3 WILL be 265 Bhp and £26,995

AZURES3

In order for me to pay more than the £1500 deposit i.e the remaining 10% required in about 6 weeks. I want to see.

Some aliminuim panels to save weight, wings & bonnet maybe.

Good brakes.

Recaro seats.

Wheel options.

40:60 Quattro split as per the new TT.

Once I am emailed the details I will let you know I am first in the queue at the dealer.

AZ

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hows about 40/60 split quattro... now that would be interesting. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree. We need a QC slip-up in Sweden where Haldex send a batch of the wrong controllers (ie the super performance ones) to Audi instead of the boring standard ones! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

In order for me to pay more than the £1500 deposit i.e the remaining 10% required in about 6 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that an Audi requirement or personal choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi requirement, estimated payment required in the next 6-12 weeks but not without seeing the spec etc.

AZ

I wouldn't make too many specific conditions. Looking cack at the new RS4/turbo debate, the car didn't come with what a lot of people had demanded but has still turned out to be very good.

I don't necessarily care how they do it, but would just expect a quicker, better handling S3.

If this new S3 really is £26,995, and I hope it is, how many people do you think will buy the £26,810 A3 3.2 DSG from now on! grin.gif

Btw Azure, your Dealer treats you better than mine, I haven't heard a thing and I've had a deposit on since Jan.

[ QUOTE ]

In order for me to pay more than the £1500 deposit i.e the remaining 10% required in about 6 weeks. I want to see.

Good brakes.

Recaro seats.

Wheel options.

Once I am emailed the details I will let you know I am first in the queue at the dealer.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they get a 40/60 split with Haldex?

seeing as it totally different to the Torsen systems which do get a 40/60 split. I thiught 2nd gen Haldex was 5/95 in favor of the front.

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good brakes.

Recaro seats.

Wheel options.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

seeing as it totally different to the Torsen systems which do get a 40/60 split. I thiught 2nd gen Haldex was 5/95 in favor of the front.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how about they (Haldex/Audi) program it in to the controller to achieve that 40/60 split? smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good brakes.

Recaro seats.

Wheel options.

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how about they (Haldex/Audi) program it in to the controller to achieve that 40/60 split? smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I though the way haldex worked was they ran FWD until power was required to the rear,...... ie sensors detect slip at the front and the Haldex controller decides how and when to send power to the rear.

Wouldn't a 40/60 split mean the haldex was always working? Is that how Haldex is supposed to work?

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

(not being agrumentative, just wanting to know)

I personally cannot see the new S3 as anything much more than a mildly tarted up A3 quattro Sline as it doesnt cost that much more. Certainly not enough for it to be radically different anyway.

Its easy enough to get 280 bhp from the 2.0 tfsi anyway (70mm downpipe , high flow cat and revo remap) So cant really see the attraction of the S3 myself unless of course it comes with huge brakes etc etc which I doubt it will.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Does the haldex upgrade fix the ratios or work some other way?

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I understand it transfers more power to the rear and reacts quicker when it needs to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I see.

[ QUOTE ]

I personally cannot see the new S3 as anything much more than a mildly tarted up A3 quattro Sline as it doesnt cost that much more. Certainly not enough for it to be radically different anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same, worrying, given the length of time people have been waiting.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that a properly sorted S3 would just cost to much if things like Big brakes, ultra lightweight wheels /body panels, Trick suspension etc where included

265bhp is abit measily though . You can get that sort of power 255 bhp to be precise from the standard quattro sline Tfsi for £499

If you they include some light weight panels, upgraded brakes, maybe the new 40:60 split and upgraded components in the engine rather than just stressing the existing one then it will very much be worth the money.

They haven't used the 3.2 engine cause its a heavy in efficient lump that whilst it sounds nice isn't going to help the handling a jot.

I'm not in the market for an S3 but I'd wait to see the final spec and what is and isn't included before I'd say its going to be work the money or not. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you they include some light weight panels, upgraded brakes, maybe the new 40:60 split and upgraded components in the engine rather than just stressing the existing one then it will very much be worth the money.

They haven't used the 3.2 engine cause its a heavy in efficient lump that whilst it sounds nice isn't going to help the handling a jot.

I'm not in the market for an S3 but I'd wait to see the final spec and what is and isn't included before I'd say its going to be work the money or not. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The new S3 doesn't sound like its up to much.

Get a 170hp 2.0TDi Quattro, tune it to about 210hp, 330lbs and although not as quick off the mark it'll shift as quick when on the move and still return 38-43mpgs!!!!

smile.gif