Woppum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The guy who I am talking about is a Sheik

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh so he is a shaik/Business man. Probably the same bloke then. Did you see his cars? What did you think of them? Ask him next time you see him why he bought 3 of the most vulgar cars in the world wink.giftongue.gif

Well, I love the Veyron…. I know that some of you (welcome back mittens! 169144-ok.gif) think I’ve had a taste bypass anyway, so that may not come as much of a surprise. Whilst the Veyron itself isn’t vulgar, buying 3 certainly is.

I do have one question for Woppums though, based on your ‘vulgar’ comments, what do you think of the Maybach?

It looks like Mercedes or a big American car, is the quietest and most comfortable car on the road by a longshot and is as fast as a 911. I think its a great car and there is nothing on the planet that comes close to what it offers.

People that think its vulgar are just people who know what it is, but dont understand it. There are a lot of people that come up to it and say what a great looking car it is, and by the way, what is it? When you say Maybach they look surprised... most have never heard of it.

You can leave the car in Sainsburys car park without having to worry, its just another merc. Now you couldn't do that in the Phantom, which may be bigged up by the British press, but everywhere else, that is the Vulgar one, and rightly so too!

The Maybach may be too expensive when you compare it to the equivalent 3 Flying Spurs or S600's but its purpose is totally fulfilled for its owner. It is a tool, a Swiss army knife where the owner can exploit its comfort, quietness, technology and luxury without bothering other road users or the environment (emits less CO2 than a Flying Spur and a Arnage and its much bigger and more powerful). The Bugatti although is a great feat of engineering, is not usable. How can you use over 1000bhp on a road... anywhere par the autobahn. It weighs over 2 tones so isn't delicate like a Ferrari and its a wide as a house so even if you do hustle it, it will be bollox down your favorite roads. I cant see the point in it apart from being the status symbol of being the most expensive car on the planet... And to me, that is vulgar...

beerchug.gif

I want to like the Veyron, but im just finding it very difficult. I know car enthusiasts with collections of cars like the F40 Macca F1's, Enzo's etc and they wouldn't touch the Veyron with a bardge pole. When someone I look up to buys a Veyron, and not some oil riched or inherited flash it may help me to be further swayed. At the moment this car is just another possession for some rapper to write a song about. Boring as hell. coffee.gif

P.S - I know from re-reading these posts it seems that im trying to make everyone hate the Veyron. Im really not, just encouraging some healthy car debate and banter. 169144-ok.gif