New A5 Pics?

gizze

Dare I say it? It looks very, very BMW with the flared edges, more so from the rear.

Looks like the front overhang is greatly reduced too so the engine is behind the front wheels, combine this with 60:40 quattro and it could be very exciting! 169144-ok.gif

43b01710367ecca679bc4f0f1e2c2a10_1.jpg

.... What has bangle started. grin.gif Well everyone mocked him at the start and yes the 1 Series isn't the best looker. But if the A5 looks like that and following on from the flame surfacing from the TT, Bangle has certainly affected car design. And for me all for the good.

It looks like a nice car. The pictures of the A7 look stunning, will need a few more pennies before I get one of those. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Dare I say it? It looks very, very BMW with the flared edges, more so from the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, but I'd say more looking like BMW's used to be. I think BMW are taking a huge risk and I think all but a few of their cars are butt ugly now. crazy.gif

It still screams "Audi" at me, and not BMW thankfully, but I know where you're coming from.

If that A5 comes out like that, I might have more problems choosing a car again. It looks superb! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

One day though you may be able to have a car that handles as good as a BMW but with an Audi badge, just think of that! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You might even get a good looking BMW one day, just think of that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you may be right, but knowing my luck it will be released at the same time Audi get their handling and ride right, and then what will I do?! EEK2.GIF

Seriously though, I don't like the BMW image, and I love the Audi designs and interiors, but I just got a bit bored with them, I had 7 and they just weren't progressing so it was time for a change, I mean the new A4 interior is virtually the same as my 1995 A4, and that was registered 16 years ago! However after changing I would find it very hard to go back again at the moment as the 535d is still a car I make excuses to drive even after 6 months, I have never managed to keep an Audi that long without looking for something new.

Even Audi have said that they need to concentrate on getting a better balanced car with better ride and handling, and they have started to get their with the RS4.

Audi have a real chance to kick BMW into touch, they have the designs and the image, and it looks like the rest will come. And I agree the BMW designs are not for everyone, loads of BMW drivers who have the old shape 3 series or 5 series don't like the new bangle designs, the BMW forums still sound like this place did 2 years ago when everyone hysterical about the new grilles!

I just get bored very quickly, not just with cars but with design in general, so for me the new single frame grille and the bangle designed BMWs were a breathe of fresh air, same with the new Mercs, the CLS and new CL bring something new, which for me can only be a good thing, cars are starting to look different again, for a while they all looked the same, and with only 3 or 4 major manufacturers left it could have gone the other way, we could have had a choice of 5 different cars and thats it!