One hell of a V8 noise!

Mollox

[ QUOTE ]

Does yours sound anything like that Mose?

I want one of those corvettes. I wonder what sort of bhp they're running and how much one would cost.

I agree, that noise at idle would just be plain embarassing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite like that no, but I know several that do, with the Stage 2 on them. More or less straight through systems.

Here's another good example...

A C6 that sounds great when he revs it [at about 1 minute in] but I just couldn't live with that racket it makes when it's idling!

This one, however, Video 2, sounds pretty good at idle and sounds even better on the move when he takes it on the highway... that fly-past at the end is mighty impressive smile.gif

None of them sound as good as that first Vette though (at any time other than at idle though!). Tip: listen to it with earphones on grin.gif

Question is, would that be illegal in the UK (from a sound point of view...)

Also, MOSE, I know that's a Z06 but do you know what else its had done to it and what kind of bhp that equates to? It looks monstrously quick - that's one of the first incar videos I've seen in a long time that looks genuinely fast.

I can imagine that Vette on the way down to Le Mans already notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

None of them sound as good as that first Vette though (at any time other than at idle though!). Tip: listen to it with earphones on grin.gif

Question is, would that be illegal in the UK (from a sound point of view...)

Also, MOSE, I know that's a Z06 but do you know what else its had done to it and what kind of bhp that equates to? It looks monstrously quick - that's one of the first incar videos I've seen in a long time that looks genuinely fast.

I can imagine that Vette on the way down to Le Mans already notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can guarantee that the car has had larger maf intake/sensor mod, if not mafless, upgraded larger bore headers, car hasnt got cats and is straight through from headers back. The engine is an LS7 which although is a litre heavier than my LS2 lump, it does have a very distinctive sound anyways. You can probably guarantee that the engine has had a remap as well. The sound is fantastic, but seriously anti-social in the UK hehe yelrotflmao.gif

Bear in mind my car has only had the cat back exhaust and remap done to give it the sound it has. I haven't yet started with the larger bore stainless steel headers, hi-flow 100 cell cats, further reamp and plenum air intake. Oh and supercharger of course wink.gif But cant wait none-the-less 169144-ok.gif

In terms of whether or not that is legal in the UK, you would enjoy the monthly Southsea Cruise wher you will hear cars that will make that Vette sound like a Morris Ital. And the owners of said cars, get no problems at all!

Hehe that's one scared looking eskimo binman grin.gif

Mose, the big question - how many ponies? grin.gif That looks like an easy sub 4 sec car - its bloody mental. I've just watched it again with earphones on and with the notable exception of the idle I just love everything about that car 169144-ok.gif

How much would one be here... coffee.gif

SB, the Le Mans Vette dream has 4 pipes on it like catering bean cans but for some reason its not really that noisy...

Molly,

The car will be getting there in under 4 secs as stock, so god knows what time is getting there in with the car modded the way it is. And expect about 550-600hp, more with the mods. Also expect to pay £40k+

http://www.bauer-millett.com/controller.php

http://www.corvette.co.uk/

http://www.americancarimports.com/

Am told by a previous Z6 owner (now a Monaro owner) that any one of these places is THE place to enquire!!!

[ QUOTE ]

How much do 6.0 VXRs go for and can you make them sound like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep about £28k + mate dependent on milage of course. The mods too affordable. Look to spend about £3k for complete headers (4:1 s/s), 100 cell hi-flow cats (s/s) ,the oval tips (with loud and quiet boxes provided) and of course the remap(s). Other essential mods are the Rippy (£500), the AP Big Brake kit (2k) and the AP adjustable coil over suspension pack (2k).

Of course you could get the 5.7L LS1 on an 05 plate for about £16k that is very highly tunable again, and more often than not the mods are cheaper. Wortec provide mods for both LS1 and LS2 engines.

Oh and you could go completly ballistic and buy a Maloo Ute which is just plain stupid, but with the same 5.7l or 6.0l engine. Depends on ya budget and how much you want to throw at getting it modded.

Feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with someone who will be only too pleased to source you a motor to suit budget. If that's the route you wanna take like!!

In terms of how the car would sound with full mods, then all I can say is it isnt far off from the Vette, ther are some seriously loud Monaros out there that make the V8 sing.