RNS-E & TMC - Free DVD Upgrade

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest RichA

I have just paid the deposit on an 04/54 1.8T Avant with RNS-E. Can't wait for delivery! smile.gif

Read on another thread that the 2007/TMC update slows down the Sat Nav? Anyone else experience this? Presume it is definately beneficial to upgrade?

Am I right in saying I can do the upgrade myself at home? How would I get the upgraded disks?

Many thanks,

RichA

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

...Reading Audi are playing hard to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've had a call back and my car is now booked in for the Monday morning after I return from Skiing! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And it was done ... smile.gif

So, 'backup' discs are now back in the car, originals stored away in my office cupboard!

Guest RichA

Booked in at Wimbledon Audi for a FOC upgrade smile.gif

What do I need to check afterwards to make sure all is OK?

- 2x 2007 Disks

- Firmware to 0550

Anything else?

Looking forward to the TMC routing on my long drive to Yorkshire next weekend...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which model A6? If it's the recent one the dealer is correct. The free upgrade for the MMI A6 ran out in December.

This particular upgrade is only relevant for cars with the RNS-E system. The DVD's are not compatible between the 2.

This is an RNS-E unit as installed in the new model A3, A4 and late A6 (old model)

rns-e_293.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Just buy the 2007 DVD (actually 2 DVD's) - it updates automatically. I just got an original on ebay for £120.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the RNS-E DVD. If it's a current model A6 that has the MMI system which uses a different DVD (and the SW update method is completely different).

[ QUOTE ]

Audi seem to be less keen on retro-fits now. I couldn't be bothered with the pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

The free upgrade applies to retrofitted and factory fitted RNS-E's in cars registered BEFORE February 2007.

After that date Audi assume the units will have software version 0550 anyway, so anyone retrofitting an RNS-E to a car with on 07 registration won't get the free upgrade.

• bison unpinned this topic