• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The free upgrade applies to retrofitted and factory fitted RNS-E's in cars registered BEFORE February 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says who? I've never seen anything which clearly states retrofits are covered by the upgrade offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The upgrade offer says all A3 & A4 FITTED with a DVD sat nav - and says NOTHING about when or where it was fitted (yes A6's are excluded, but dealers are still doing them!).

A6's aren't excluded anymore as there was an update to the Bulletin a Couple of weeks back.

I think you're clutching a straws a little there with the wording Dave; My HP PC has a warning label that states it should be operated in a cool open air enviroment, it doesn't say I can't blow a hairdryer into the fan though...

For the record, I've put through two claims on Retrofit Units and both have been eventually been rejected. So they ARE checking but if you get a free one, good on you grin.gif But I can understand why some Centres don't want to take the risk...

I think the word FITTED can be construed as meaning fitted at the factory. Arguing that this means fitted by anyone is pushing it a bit.

As I suggested might happen, it looks like Audi UK will probably reject warranty claims made for the replacement discs against VIN numbers of vehicles which show as not having the nav fitted on their records. Once the dealers get stung a few times by this they're going to be a bit more picky. By all means try it but if they say no then I don't think you've got much comeback.

And back in December people were wondering why I bought a DVD off eBay for my retrofitted RNS-E!!! It was pretty obvious some dealers would upgrade any car with an RNS-E, but some would only upgrade those shown as being factory fitted.

Audi UK didn't help the situation by excluding A6's (even factory fitted ones) initially, at least they've corrected that gaffe now. By putting out Bulletins that are capable of (mis-)interpretation they are not fostering good customer relations - they should be more careful in their use of words. If they mean only factory fitted, then they should say so!

I had the 2007 upgrade discs fitted to my 05 A4 by a dealer at the end of January and ever since occasionally the sat nav freezes up when I press the Map button - sometimes this also locks up the whole system so no radio/cd ect controls. Has any member had a similar problem because the dealer has had the car back several times, even changing the unit last time but it still freezes!

Yep, I get exactly the same thing. I have found that if you wait a couple of minutes after starting the engine before pressing the map button it is fine. I think it might have something to do with the TMC finding a signal as it seems to correspond to the TMC indicator at the bottom of screen activating, ie if you press the map button before it has logged onto the TMC network it freezes.

Welcome to TSN 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the reply and the welcome, glad I'm not alone -

Well its back at the dealers because it happened again today on the way home from work. I take your point about waiting but I paid alot of money for the sat nav system and if your lost somewhere you don't want to be sat there for five minutes before you can get the map up because you are scared of it crashing.

Audi can keep having the car back untill they can fix it or refund the sat nav cost because when you can't rely on it working its as good as useless!

Sorry had my moan now.

Has the sat nav freezing happened to anyone else?

Audi A4 Avant 3.0TDI Q Auto S-Line

I find that if you put a destination in it works every time. Its only if I press the bottom right navi-key to bring up the map too soon after ignition on that I get the problem. I suspect that there might be a new DVD with a software update issued to solve this soon.

[ QUOTE ]

No one has got the 0600 firmware. New RNS-E's are coming through with this firmware but it's not on the latest 2007 DVD, thats 0550.

[/ QUOTE ]

What we need is a way to download the firmware from an RNS-E so we can create an 0600 upgrade CD... (and a friendly owner with 0600 on their RNS-E!)

My car went back for another sat nav system (its 3rd) to be fitted this week, this time they swapped it for the one in the service managers Brand new A4 Convertable! I found out last time they put in a reconditioned unit! No problems with freezing up as yet but its only been a couple of days.

Why have I missed this thread previously? crazy.gif

The wife's allroad is a 55 plate LE with factory-fit RNS-E. Can I still get a free update for it? Sorry to be lazy, but I didn't want to wade through 19 pages of posts if somebody can just tell me yes or no.

Ta muchly! smile.gif

• bison unpinned this topic