RNS-E & TMC - Free DVD Upgrade

[ QUOTE ]

Ok - version - 2005_2

8po 919 884 h

Looks like old one??? if this is the case then how do i get the new one, how much will it cost ./ or should/can i get it for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the dealer did your upgrade they should have left the 2007 DVD (8P0 919 884 M or 8P0 060 884 M) in your RNS-E. Go back and ask them for it!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just bought an Allroad, and immediately came here to investigate the sat-nav. I _have_ gone through all 58 pages, to arm myself before phoning the dealers.

AS expected, very different 'policies' - though both Edinburgh and Perth Audi said the upgrade campaign for the A6 expired in December. One quoted £319 - and the part to be ordered was 4E0060884AL - I think - costing £266 and then there was labour... The other checked with a technical advisor, concluded that 8PO 060 884 M would do it, and that there was no need for any labour at all - that the disc would do the job - but the charge would be £178 + VAT.

Anyone had better luck in Glasgow, or Stirling, or Aberdeen (I'm getting desperate...)

What year Allroad?

If it's current generation then I think there will probably be some sort of charge as the MMI upgrade offer has expired.

If it's the previous generation then there should be no charge as its covered by the current RNS-E offer. Most dealers seem to get confused when you say 'Allroad' and insist it's chargeable, took me 3 attempts but had it done FOC in the end.

[ QUOTE ]

cheers petrol dave, will do so 2moro, jus to be on the safe side, do they HAVE to leave a new one in or are they only oblidged to upgrade the software . or firmware whatever it is they done

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC the instructions are to do the upgrade using the 2007 DVD 1 (Western Europe) and leave that DVD in the RNS-E. Since TMC doesn't work in the UK without the 2007 DVD inserted into the RNS-E, that makes sense to me.

[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen any TMC messages in your area yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as i get to Montrose/Arbroath on the way south the messages start, all i get in Aberdeen are messages from overseas. I missed a 6 mile tailback at stonehaven last week thanks to TMC. In general though its poorly covered up here, fortunately we have so little traffic and such good roads grin.gif

The Q7 picks up the TMC messages regularly but the A4 had to be in Glasgow area before it got any.

Made it! - A message to Audi Customer Services produced an authoritative email from Paul Chadwick, who confirmed that the RNS-E upgrade was available from any local dealer for the A6/ Allroad until 30th of June. Perth Audi took a little convincing, but could not have been more helpful or pleasant. They ordered the discs Monday, and phoned today to say they were in. Did not require 2004 disc. Not expecting to install it themselves.

An excellent result - thanks to this forum.

Anyone still wanting the upgrade - there may still be time, but not much.

Cheers.

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

• 3 weeks later...

hi i dont if you can help me i have just bought an audi a8 2001 which has an upgraded satnav navigation plus mmi but the disc inside is not genuine and does not work and keeps on saying unreadable disc.Does anyone know were i can get a new disc or is it better to buy one from a main dealer i would realy appreciate any advice i can get thanks also the console does not have a bluetooth interface for a mobile phone are these exspensive and are they any good

[ QUOTE ]

hi i dont if you can help me i have just bought an audi a8 2001 which has an upgraded satnav navigation plus mmi but the disc inside is not genuine and does not work and keeps on saying unreadable disc.Does anyone know were i can get a new disc or is it better to buy one from a main dealer i would realy appreciate any advice i can get thanks also the console does not have a bluetooth interface for a mobile phone are these exspensive and are they any good

[/ QUOTE ]

pm craigyb mate!

• 1 month later...

Please see the latest information due to be issued to dealers :

We are delighted to announce an extension to the TMC disc free of charge retro-fit programme on

A3 and A4.

Extension

The programme has been extended to run up until 31st December 2007. The disc installation will

need to have been carried out by this time. Claims through the warranty system must be submitted

by 31st January 2008. Claims for installations dated after 31st December 2007 will not be accepted.

Applicable vehicles

This programme only applies to vehicles fitted with the RNS-E DVD satellite navigation system

which includes a small number of C5 (old) A6 Saloon, Avant, allroad and RS6 models in addition to

current A3, S3 and A4, S4 and RS 4 models.

Please note that the C6 (current) A6 and A8 MMI High TMC retro-fit programme expired in

February this year. Warranty claims for installations to these vehicles will not be accepted.

SAGA/2 Warranty Claims Process

Audi Centres may make a warranty claim for the disc using the following claim data:

Claim type – IPR

Damage number – 9118 0010

Manufacturer’s code – G1E

*No labour*

DVD Navigation Disc part number 8PO 060 884 M

• 4 weeks later...
  • bison unpinned this topic