• 2 years later...
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

This Rns-e system is fitted to my s3. Thing is I don't think I've got tmc enabled, does anyone know if it should be or if I need to go to dealer to get it sorted. Also can the Blue tooth Phone control be easily upgraded to control the nav, radio etc...I have searched but am not sure of the results...it seems that some people have done it but you need vag com?...or some new discs with the correct 5 files?...Any help appreciated.:)

This Rns-e system is fitted to my s3. Thing is I don't think I've got tmc enabled, does anyone know if it should be or if I need to go to dealer to get it sorted.

Your S3 should have been supplied with software that has TMC enabled, what version is the software on your RNS-E If it's 550 or later then you have TMC enabled. Press CAR, and click on VERSION to see the details of your software and maps.

Also can the Blue tooth Phone control be easily upgraded to control the nav, radio etc.

Nope.

You can apply a software hack to the RNS-E that enables voice control of the RNS-E functions, BUT you have to re-wire the BT microphone (mic to RNS-E and RNS-E to BT module) to make it work.

Don't know what to make of this but my SW reads as 0050?

SW on what module? If that's the RNS-E then that's 2004 SW (I had it in my very original RNS-E). 0080 isn't much newer - 2005 IIRC.

On the RNS-E press CAR and then click on Version, that will display a page that shows the RNS-E SW version.

its a new s3, and its got the rns-e with the mmi. As you say when you press car and then version the sw value is 0080. Is a later version available?...can I go onto a site and download or is it a visit to the dealers?

Ahh! You have a 2010 RNS-E, to which this thread does not apply.

The 2010 RNS-E came with working TMC from the first SW release (0080) - I've got a 2010 RNS-E which used to have SW 0080 and I have always got TMC information with no problems at all. Are you sure you have TMC setup correctly? If you press INFO you should see a list of TMC messages - they take a while to appear so do this at the end of a drive. If you don't see a list they try pressing INFO, then SOURCE and making Preferred Station be Auto. I also enable TMC announcements by INFO, SETUP, TMC Announcement to ON.

Yes, there is newer SW for the 2010 RNS-E - the 2010 map DVD 8P0 919 884 AN has SW version 0150 which is what I'm now running.

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that you can access some "extras" on the mmi if you know the correct button combinations, some sort of maintenance menu?...Do you know anything about this?

Nothing you read about MMI applies to the RNS-E - it's a completely different system!

The RNS-E does have an Engineering Mode - which you access by pressing NAV and then pressing and holding the top left softkey for about 10 seconds and then pressing and holding the top right softkey until the Engineering Mode screen appears.

Yea that's what I'd found. Was hoping to access stuff like oil pressure and turbo boost pressure but not there as far as I can see.

They won't be - the RNS-E is just a sat nav and radio, that's all.

The CAR button is some kind of sick joke that Audi never implemented - all it does is show the SW and map details of the RNS-E only.

• 1 year later...
Hi guys! I wanna buy from eBay RNS-E unit but I'm confused about A6 and A4.

Is they are the same or difference?

Please help me with this.

Cheers!

Off topic, double post...

ZA6 hijacking existing posts isn't the best way to get answers - I've answered your question in the thread you've started on this subject.

• bison unpinned this topic