London Motorshow - Opening Day

ChrisBuer

Hi all,

I went along to the London Motorshow today and it was really great!! Definitely suggest going if you're into cars as this is one of the biggest one's I've been too!!

Anyway, thought I’d quickly link some pictures of cars that took my interest. There were no Porsche there which was a shame as I wanted to snap the new 911 Turbo, but never mind!

The new Aston Martin Rapide (looked very nice!)

th_Rapide.jpg th_Rapide2.jpg

Some poor Aston Martin that had covered 33,000 miles in 30 days!! (there’s one for the cleaning forum if ever I saw one!)

th_CleanMe.jpg

A lovely Vanquish S!

th_DB9S.jpg

Supercars!!

th_Enzo.jpg th_Zonda.jpg

Still the daddy?

th_MaccerF1.jpg

The new Cupra (I liked this)

th_Cupra1.jpg th_Cupra4.jpg th_Cupra5.jpg

All in all a great day out 169144-ok.gif

(oh and by the way, the girls at the show are awesome!! 123576-assfeck.gif )

My photo editor needs a rebuild otherwise I'd post the rear, side and angle shots.

Didn't see the roof lift live, but the video wall film was mighty impressive. For those that don't know- The whole windscreen (since it's one piece) and doors lift up for access in and out. Very buck Rogers, and very cool.

How long has that saab been a concept car? I do believe it was a "hidden car" in the getaway (ps2 game) which was released in um 2000 i think? Thats a whole 5 years!

how long are concept cars normally ermm.. actually just concepts?

OO edit: .. also im going to the show tomorrrow, cant wait, will have some pics up hopefully =D

[ QUOTE ]

and having studied the girls in close detail blush.gifI can safely say the fittest ones are on the Alfa stand, followed in close second by the Seat bunch.

169144-ok.gifheart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The fittest ones are always on the Alfa stand. grin.gif

The Aero looks a bit bloated to me, maybe it's better in the metal but it seems a bit Fat Pablo Montoya. Needless to say it'll never get greenlighted, this is GM were talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

For those that don't know- The whole windscreen (since it's one piece) and doors lift up for access in and out. Very buck Rogers, and very cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Batman was the first thing that sprung to mind, Michael Keaton's Batmobile had a similar arrangement.

The canopy roof has been used on concepts loads of times, Maserati Birdcage 75th last year was the last one. I don't think it's ever been put into series production though. Oooh, but just imagine that roof attached to the Pininfarina Rossa Concept from 2000. That would be something else.

My lottery numbers ever come up I'm going to commission that, no off-the-shelf footballers Ferrari for me. the_finger.gif