STOP-OIL PRESSURE Passat 1.8 T warning on Dash

guzpot

Ok story goes like this, was driving home from south east yesterday, was about 30 as you know, dash warning "STOP- Oil pressure Low" pulled over at services checked oil, all fine, started off again after about 30mins driving same thing, rang stealer, said bring it in dont drive incase i damage it anymore smashfreakB.gif got towed back up to the north west, its been with them all morning they have done a dignostics, whis is 45 notes and also just informed that before replacing the Oil pump because its that now giving off the warning as well as previous ones they are taking the sump off to check the bearings, thats gonna cost me £170 and it might not even resolve the problem. Any advice much appreciated iamwithstupid.gif

Also whats the price on a oil pump if this has to be replaced also AA guy thought it might have been the heat thinning the oil down a little thats why i was getting the warning light ROLLEY~14.GIF

Did it rattle much when you drove it back to the services? You might now pay ££ for repairs, and then have huge additional costs if the top end is knackered from running without any oil.

How long did it take to get to the services? What sort of speeds did you do?

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have had exactly the same problem!!! Had a new engine put in and still the same warning!! Thankfully it was under warrenty so they are now on the 4th engine. Same problems, loads of oil but not getting pumped around and has blown 2 top ends. The garage is stumpeD!! dId you get it fixed and what was the problem??? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have had exactly the same problem!!! Had a new engine put in and still the same warning!! Thankfully it was under warrenty so they are now on the 4th engine. Same problems, loads of oil but not getting pumped around and has blown 2 top ends. The garage is stumpeD!! dId you get it fixed and what was the problem??? Thanks

i had the same issue with mine, 170K on the clocks.

did the oil changes, and that stopped it for a while, but the oil sludge famous in this engine has blocked the oil pressure switch on the oil filter housing.

£6 later from GSF and the oil light issue is no more. the switch was completly clogged with sludge, so no matter how many oil changes or new engines you have, if the switch is clogged its your issue.

hope this helps!