saw this and thought of TSN...

Paul

[ QUOTE ]

what's the S-Line pack on the A3/A4/A6 if not a 'wannabe' S car. An A3 1.6 S-Line would appear to be just as pointless...

[/ QUOTE ]

cannot disagree with this - same rules apply in my head as I decsribed for the M Sport comment (again just IMO) - and I do think as MrMe and others have said that it's a bit wierd the 1 series is singled out - although I'm no expert on the history of TSN and the VAG focus bit.

at the end of the day the 130i is a 3-litre/265bhp petrol BMW with quality engine technology and the rear-drive setup smile.gif. Would seem quite unlikely that BMW would release such a car and it ends up a dog to drive.

beerchug.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my oldest mucker is a bmw sales manager.....he gave me a 130 to try for a week and while it can go a bit....i really couldnt think of anything really that would make me buy one....even they admitt they are a problem car for them....they sell....but not like bmw expected.....a3 and golf seem to have that sector sewn up....they say.....when i bought my r32.....managers and salesmen were all out....saying.......in their opinion.....that without a doubt....i made the right choice....but it is each to their own.......you buy what you like......but i just cant see it in the 1 series......

[ QUOTE ]

.... My dad took early retirement and wanted to buy a large estate car. .... shortlist of the A6 Avant 2.7TDI Quattro and the E280CDI Avantgarde Estate. ... both my parents hated the interior of the A6, my mum referred to it as ‘very Japanese’ (whatever than means!) and my dad just didn’t like the look and feel of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect, you can say alot of things about interiors and Audi, but Japanese? The only thing I can imagine is that the dealer had a particularly ugly colour / trim combo, but even then... Japanese?

On a side note, has any one else noticed that Audi often choose pants exterior colours and very pants interior colour /trim potions for their promo shots? And what's the deal with 'wood' (dont snigger)? Frankly in 200x it looks more arthur daly than sean connery.

I think the make of tyre is the biggest factor when it comes to ride quality, closely followed by the speed of development. If you read the various reports on the Internet (as I have done!) then the comments vary from it having dreadful ride to it being the best riding BMW the writer had driven in a long time.

All I know is that I was very surprised at how good the ride was, or more accurately, how much better it was that I was expecting. It rode better than the A3 S line I tried and was also better than an E46 3 series on 17” wheels. I won’t bother switching to non run flats when the time comes to change the tyres, but I will make sure I get the same make of tyre (Goodyear)

As for the ‘Japanese Interior’ comment, it isn’t one that I agree with btw and it could well have been down to the interior colour combination and/or the wood trim. Shame on the Audi dealer for speccing a nasty interior then!

There isn’t a right or wrong answer here, most of us have different requirements and tastes when it comes to cars, which is shown in this thread. Most of us will defend our car and rightly so, we wouldn’t have bought it if it wasn’t the car that best fitted our requirements within our budget.

I wouldn’t swap our 130 for an R32, because it doesn’t do anything for me, so I wouldn’t expect an R32 owner to want a 130 either!

One final point, I agree with pretty much everything MrMe wrote in his last post.

There is a very simple reason for the perceived drop in interior quality over recent years. Nearly every new model that comes out is critisised for the drop in material quality compared to it preceding model.

This is due to recycling laws. Manufacturers cannot use the rubberised paint on the plastic parts, like they used to to create the high quality feel. The B5 Passat was a good example. VW spend an additional £130 per car painting the plastics, and as a result people raved about the quality of the interior compared to its competitors. £130 a car may not sound alot, but consider they are making 500 - 600000 Passats a year. The current B6 Passat has been critisised for the quality of it materials, and this is the reason why.