mulkbear

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to read this. All the carbon can't help the repair costs. crazy.gif

I'm afraid I've got to agree with Daz re the training. Just reading this :

[ QUOTE ]

The car wouldn’t turn (under steer) give it a bit more lock. The front tyres byte, the rears loose it totally. The car goes in to massive over steer. the front bounces of a hedge (slowly) then finally the car comes to rest backwards in a hedge...

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems like it would have helped you a lot, possibly enough to avoid it. crazy.gif

Hope it gets fixed soon. 169144-ok.gif

Sorry to hear the bad news Wopps, having seen a CSL in my local paintshop and heard the cost to repair it, I don't envy you.

If it's any consolation, it must be cheaper for CSL bumpers down south because the guy up here had to pay £2.5K + VAT for his.

Then asked after shelling out all that cashfor his alloys to be painted black to make it look more 'unique' smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

CHRIST PEOPLE......GIVE THE GUY A BREAK......

everyone will have a shunt or near as damn it......

it seems just because the guy is young your queing up to say i told you so.......by the way...what age are you?

NO ONE LIKES A SMART ARSE REMEMBER......

i honestly think it must be an envy thing....

young boy+fast car=spoilt brat....i dont think so!!

listen my friend.....pick yourself up....dust yourself down.....and get going again...trust me....99.9% of people are not driving gods....and the 0.1 are probably lieing!!!!

poo happens!!! NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Max. Thanks for the backup, bu I think they are only jesting. 169144-ok.gif

THe accident happened on Saturday afternoon so I have had a good few days to accept it and post it on here. I knew it would have to come out sooner than later. I was depressed for a couple of days, but like anything you have no control over you just have to get over it and move on. Learnt from my mistake watch out next time...

And I expect a little bit of a piss take, it just wouldn't be right otherwise... As said I wasnt going quickly, but obviously too fast for the conditions (comparable to black ice?)...

I couldn't bear to take any photos but to give you an idea, the front bumper was fecked and the water bottle was hanging out the bottom, and the drivers side sill was dragging along the floor. O and grass and hedge all over the car! tongue.gif

Put it down to inexperience if you will, but whatever the reason, it wont be happening again in a hurry!

[ QUOTE ]

It was inevitable from reading woppum's posts on here and on bm3w.co.uk about his M3 CSL driving style that something like this might happen - thankfully no-one has been injured and the only damage is to woppum's pride and insurance premium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummn? My driving style? Inevitable? Obvious!!?

I have driven alot of fast cars and raced motorbikes when I was younger. I have always been sensible and I dont thin I have ever posted anything to make anyone think im a loony behind the wheel. I think must have got me confused with someone else 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear your news woopum, repair costs another thing i need to bear in mind. Hope the repairs go well and your back enjoying your car soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah as said will take circa a month, the parts have to come from Germany, but it seems no where has anything in stock.

I don't think you should be put off. What happened in the CSL would have happened in any rear wheel drive car even a 116... And RS4 or R32 would have behaved very differently though. My guess is they just would have kept under steering and simply not turned at all. Nice and predictable but I probably still would have ended up in a hedge! tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Max. Thanks for the backup, bu I think they are only jesting. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Dude - sorry to hear about the incident - rwd strikes again! 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif Remember what I said about the CSL flattering the driver tongue.gif I'm thinking about one off these drivetrain courses shortly - group buy anyone? jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im not making excusses. I deserve everyhting I get, but for those of you who dont know what its like to go over a baked road in a tropical rainstorm, all I can say is be very very careful! Just like black ice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. Being a cabbie. I know all to well what its like. Used to dred the rain after a few hot days. First thought normally is must be a diesal or oil spilage. But it isnt its just like you say. Good thing is a Mondeo or Skoda derv mobile doesnt pick up enough speed to get you in the hedge and just understeer like a pig.

[ QUOTE ]

I dropped into a local garage today who have an '04 CSL for sale, and they had just put a new set of tyres on - Conti Sport Contact 2's!! shocked.gif

I wouldn't like to be driving a CSL in the wet with those shoes on!! EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I used to have CSC2s fited to my RS 6 and the W12, and I really got on with them; they're high-silica, so they work pretty well in the cold & wet IMHO, at least on an AWD platform. Dry performance was never so much of a concern, as you'd have to be doing something seriously barking to get an RS 6 or W12 out of shape in the dry, which you just don't get much opportunity to do on the public road.

We'll see how the Michelin rubber (can't remember what sort) on the S8 is like in the rain...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I dropped into a local garage today who have an '04 CSL for sale, and they had just put a new set of tyres on - Conti Sport Contact 2's!! shocked.gif

I wouldn't like to be driving a CSL in the wet with those shoes on!! EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I used to have CSC2s fited to my RS 6 and the W12, and I really got on with them; they're high-silica, so they work pretty well in the cold & wet IMHO, at least on an AWD platform. Dry performance was never so much of a concern, as you'd have to be doing something seriously barking to get an RS 6 or W12 out of shape in the dry, which you just don't get much opportunity to do on the public road.

We'll see how the Michelin rubber (can't remember what sort) on the S8 is like in the rain...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are supposed to be rubbish on an M3 but tyres do vary alot when matched to different cars. For example the R32 was useless on the PS's, however the CSL is fantastic on them... except on newly wet roads laminated in rubber crazy.gif

Sorry to hear about your hedge cutting incident.... I'm sure you've seen this before but this will hopefully make you feel better! A local garage let someone take the CSL out for a test drive and lost it coming off the motorway and spanked the rear wheel. Believe it or not it cost over 9K to fix blush.gif

884215-woops1.jpg

post-4175-137914368866_thumb.jpg