This car is is a nightmare!

deanos3

So I'm driving home from work today, singing along happily to the rolling stones after having a hellish day, when I notice 2 warning lights on the dash have come on.

It's my 2 trusty friends, the ESP and ABS lights that have decided to turn on, just what I need. This happened about 5 mins into my 10 min journey, so on the way back I found a quiet road to test the ABS on, What ABS?? The car just imediately skids...Bugger. I get home switch ignition off, turn back on, no warning lights? Went for a quick drive around the block, and on they come again after another 5 mins??

What has happened to my car? I think its p*ssed at me for reversing it into a 12ft tall bright yellow post (don't ask).

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem might be? The best idea I have come up with right now is dowsing the car in petrol and setting the damn thing alight. I once had a Hyundai Pony Sonait surf held together with gaffa tape which was more reliable than any Audi I have ever had. I so should have bought a one series!

Actually, on second thoughts 1.gif

Take it to an Audi Centre and get it checked out, or alternatively see if anyone local to you on here with VAG-COM can help with the fault codes.

You've just been unlucky - the cars aren't inherently unreliable. Good luck 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Forgot to mention car is a B6 2003 1.9TDI

Yes, the 1.gif does indeed look crap IMO, but I bet its more reliable, and a much better drive!

sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ices_blah.gifices_blah.gifices_blah.gif

Yes the 1 series would probably be more reliable and would certainly be more fun to drive tongue.gif

Mine looks better than a 2003 B6 TDI as well ECLIPSe.gif

My money is on ABS wheel sensors. When they pack up, there's no traction, stability or ABS control. Had it on a 3 series once. Anyway, why you complaining, don;t Top Gear harp on about turning all this stuff off to enjoy the car more. See it as an enhancement.

Thanks for all the replies, the car is now on its 119600 mile! Another odd thing is when I stepped out of the car it had 45 miles left in the tank, 1 hr later I go back to the car to go to shop, 15 miles left. As well as this the driver and passenger side aircon controls are synced, so now when I turn my side down, the girlfriends side turns down.....oh how she is going to love that SAUER0421.GIFSAUER0421.GIF As for no electronic aids, I'm for that, in say, a TVR, just not my soot chucking sofa on wheels!

The car has to go to the stealers saturday for an insurance quote (see who has the most knackered A4 thread) so will get them to either take a look then, or maybe just say its been playing up since the accident sekret.gif

130M bowdown.gif must be awesome, fantastic motor. Not Jealous at all! 169144-ok.gif

I wouldn't be so sure about the BMW reliabilty... Moved the 5 for the first time in over 2 weeks earlier, and got the attached message confused.gif Not sure a 535d with no traction control is a good idea blush.gif (apologies for the poor pic, but it was taken with a 'phone cam around 30 mins ago...)

Peter

post-539-137914368873_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the problems. Its German what can I say, get a japanese car if you want it to be reliable.

Oh and the climate can be sorted, just press hers down a degree and they won't be synced any more until you press and hold auto again to re-sync. 169144-ok.gif