grey A4 and 2.0fsi

A4B6

I have to say that being in a similar position, I quite like following his questions as they are the same as mine.

One of the thing's that's swinging me more towards Diesel (personally) is that if you take a 150 FSI engine, the Torque figure is roughly the same in Lb/Ft, if you get the 130 PD TDi the Torque figure is 210 Lb/Ft thus making much more relaxing crusing. (And the FSi is designed for Super98 Unleaded)

Both Greys look nice IMHO.

A4B4 Try to get hold of a brochure for the age of car you after (eg off ebay) It saves annoying the locals!

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say that being in a similar position, I quite like following his questions as they are the same as mine.

A4B4 Try to get hold of a brochure for the age of car you after (eg off ebay) It saves annoying the locals!

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't annoy me. It just irritates me when people ask 101 questions when a quick search on here would reveal most of the answers and even then they don't seem to acknowledge the time and effort members put in to composing often long and fact filled replies (and I'm not including myself in that).

For what it's worth, I had a 2003 Atlas Grey 130 Tdi Sport so I do know a little bit about the car and I posted a quite lengthy 3 year review on it covering reliability, performance, economy, everything.

Thanks Milo (It's the same on 306GTi6.com) (Don't laugh, at least I'm looking to move on!) crazy.gif

I do agree, lurking & Searching is the way forward, and only ask important questions or you tend to get flamed!

Milo's Review

I think I've found what I want and was better informed in the whole process by a fair bit of loitering around here for the last 3 months.

Cheers

Echo Milo's thoughts. TSN is a v helpful place, with plenty of knowledge. The 'basics' for want of a better description have been covered many times, especially for older models. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Personally I think Dolphin is one of the classiest colours on the market, and not common either.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I think Dolphin is one of the classiest colours on the market, and not common either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 169144-ok.gif I had a dolphin grey TDI 130 Sport Avant (03 reg) once, and every time I see one I still think it looks great.

Peter

One thing I would say about 03 plate and older Dolphin Grey A4s is unless it was a ticked option, the lower valances aren't painted and the colour of them is very similar to Dolphin but not the same. I originally picked Dolphin but didn't like the fact the contrast between the unpainted valances and the paintwork was not enough and it looked odd in my opinion.

I went for Atlas in the end to give it a bit more contrast. Of course you could get them painted if you wanted to but it's going to add to the cost if anyone's on a budget 169144-ok.gif

From late 03 plate/53 plate onwards, I think the lower valances were colour coded as standard 169144-ok.gif