Yeah right

Muppetboy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find it quite entertaining. I mean, think how many people will go out and buy an Astra VXR because of this ad campaign, only to find out that although their car goes well in a straight line, it can't corner to save *your* life and when you're not trying to go round one, it is.

Unfortunately it seems to be a bit of a trait with their VXR models though, as proved particularly well by the Vectra VXR that Top Gear featured a couple of weeks back. Flash bodykits and big bhp are all good and well on paper, but they just don't cut it in the real world... sorry Vauxhall, but you missed the point... yet again.

I completely agree - if the recent Top Gear review of the Vectra VXR was anything to go by, these VXR's are downright dangerous. What's the point of giving cars so much more power than they can handle. It's just so that they can have some big numbers to put on posters like the one above.

Ad = garbage

If you believe JC et al then worry - anyone can put any fwd car in a bend an then plant full throttle and full lock and complain of understeer. Who would you believe - TG or Evo?

I don't own a VX but the uneducated dung.gif that TG come out with is sometimes beyond belief. It's no entertainer but all have been fettled to some degree by Lotus so the choice is Gavin Kershaw or JC - mmmm!

that is a great read - some real classic comments on there grin.gif

I particularly like

[ QUOTE ]

[beat]... Scooby WRX (dry) after 60 he got smoked bigtime

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the cars are most probably quite similar in standard form, add the PPP and you're nowhere Mr VXR. Sounds like the scooby driver decided it wasn't woth the effort to continue.

[ QUOTE ]

UNDERTAKING IS NOT AN OFFENCE,

[/ QUOTE ]

errmmm. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

M3 BMW today learnt about the power of the VXR

[/ QUOTE ]

errrrrrrmmmmmmm ...... confused.gifconfused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that there are two kinds of potential competitor:

1: Those who know what the car is and don't bother trying

2: Those who dont know what the car is and soon give up trying when they see the power!

Of course, there's also a third kind; the kind who would actually come close or even win. I havent encountered any of those yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

fair play to Vauxhall for producing a front-wheel drive car with mad power figures - but look what sort of owners and attitude it attracts coffee.gif

that is one set of friggin assholes, they can beat any car, but if they cant theres always an excuse, i like this one

[ QUOTE ]

I'm betting the VXR would beat the standard Boxster due to better gearing, and a stronger power curve. Round a track? Too close to tell. Probably still VXR.

And anyway, the Boxster is a hairdresser's car

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that there are two kinds of potential competitor:

1: Those who know what the car is and don't bother trying

2: Those who dont know what the car is and soon give up trying when they see the power!

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

based on these two street races... what an absolute cock.

[ QUOTE ]

I surprised a MK3 Golf GTi last nite by coming out of a side turning and ripping past him. He tried to keep up but soon gave up. Same thing with a Peugeot 106 GTi last week that soon gave up when he saw how quick I was pulling away.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Judging by the comments I'm sure if a VXR driver was at the lughts with a Veyron next to him he'd still give it a go

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but the Veyron would probably have him up to 60 but the the VXR power would come on and leave him for dead. Or the Veyron would give up when he found out what he was racing. notworthy.gif

tbh I don't care if the VXR would beat me on a straight, I reckon the GTI would keep pace on the twisties and anyway, who gives a flying feck!

It's easily done, but I think people get too hung up on pure speed, I got the GTI because it's an enjoyable car to drive and has a nice interior/exterior (imho).

Unfortunately the older I get the more I realise that there's always a quicker car and/or a better driver out there smile.gif