New R32 Owner - Can i join the club??

25thAnni

Hello there!!

It's been a while since i posted anything here esp since i sold my Anni and after months of deliberation i finally pick my brand spanking new Black R32 on Thursday & i can't wait!! had trouble sleeping since i signed for it on Saturday morning.

Found it by chance really, walked into our local dealer & they had one delivered that morning!! Got a great deal, money off list price & GAP etc thrown in. Just got to wait till Thursday when i pick it up..

Currently counting down the days till i get the beast.. jump.gif

Thanks TP. I was lucky that i found the colour i wanted which was metallic Black. It also has leather, 6 disc autochanger built into centre armrest & tinted windows. Oh & it's manual

It's got a couple of things missing that i wanted such as Highline computer & Soundpack but it was just sitting there looking lonely so i bought her.

I can't wait till Thursday & what a noise it makes too

Thanks for the warm welcome to the 'Nuthouse' guy's. beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to some banter when i get the motor. Still counting the days & only 2 left to go!!

By the way, i noticed that my car has a square type number plate on the front bumper. Anyone know if it's a new design or something? Never noticed that before

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, i noticed that my car has a square type number plate on the front bumper. Anyone know if it's a new design or something? Never noticed that before

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I like the sound of that. I'm going into my dealer next week to try and get a confirmed delivery and I'll be asking about the square plate if you're correct in your statement. Presumably you've seen the car at the dealer being prepped ?

yeah i saw it at the dealers on Saturday when i signed for the thing. I spoke to them this afternoon & he mentioned that they were trying to get a number plate made up that was square, it was taking time as they'd never seen a one with it!! Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence smashfreakB.gif I hope it doe's look good, otherwise it'll be straight back to get replaced

[ QUOTE ]

After having another look at the front end of the R32, a square plate is going to look all wrong (quickly looks at watch, no it isn't April 1). Get it changed now - surely it's going to interrupt with airflow to the radiator or into the lower scoop ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting a bit apprehensive now after seeing a photo of an R with normal bumper. The square plate looked quite small so not sure about blocking air scoop etc

Think i'll just wait to see it in the flesh

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the plate mount was integral to the front grill and couldn't be removed...

Could it be a european import? as VW have to accomodate for differing plate sizes throughout the world (i.e US, Japan, Vatican City)

Not sure if square front plates are actually still legal on the UK roads now for anything other than classic/imported cars...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the plate mount was integral to the front grill and couldn't be removed

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i mean, the plastic moulding (the silver coloured bumper)for the number plate is a square type

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the plate mount was integral to the front grill and couldn't be removed

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i mean, the plastic moulding (the silver coloured bumper)for the number plate is a square type

[/ QUOTE ]

pics please 169144-ok.gif