Hello ... Newbie

robintegra

Hi Sam,

I need to get the wheels refurbished but finding it hard to at present.

Ive had 2 new conti for the front,

Colourcoding will be next the rear section, sides and a Votex front lip sprayed.

Not sure what else but im sure it will get modded a fair bit when i get saving.

Nice car there, and welcome to TSN 169144-ok.gif

I too recently lowered mine with Eibach Sportline springs, as far as I know, the official lowering for the GTi with them is 30 - 35mm at front and 20-25mm on the rear.

The 45mm lowering is for the GT TDi models, as they sit on higher suspension as standard than on the GTi variants, information on the Eibach website confirms this, sorry, not meaning to gripe ha.gifbeerchug.gif

Oh and here's a recent pic of mine on its sportlines, and for anyone interested, even with my 19" I haven't noticed any significant reduction in ride quality

bens_gti.jpg

haha Stop it stop it,

Oops sorry thats my fault we are Eibach dealers aswell doh!

My excuse it getting confused with the old TDI laugh.gif

The TDI had an ECU upgrade to around 170bhp, Full Caractere kit, 19'' BBS CH, Eibach Sportlines again,R32 Rear Lights,

Heres a rear pic before the rear lights were fitted,

Rear2.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Diesel's are great, you should try the new BMW 535 around 335bhp with a chip, get to drive these cars laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd need a mortgage to buy that in OZ. Diesels are a recent craze in the UK. About 10yrs ago, most wouldn't be seen dead in a diesel, now it's seen as the sensible choice. Mind you manufacturers are taking it more seriously than they were back then and starting refining the soot chuckers.

But i'd agree, BMW's 6cyl TDI's are something else!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What size tyres do you put on the 19s for the GTI?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 235/35 R19 on mine

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I got the same size on my 19s, Yokohama Parada 2's to be precise.

To anyone buying 19s for their GTi, be careful, they have a strange offset, and if you get it wrong, they won't look right in the arches / foul the suspension and / or arch lips smashfreakB.gif