Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robintegra

Hello ... Newbie

41 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Nice car there, and welcome to TSN 169144-ok.gif

I too recently lowered mine with Eibach Sportline springs, as far as I know, the official lowering for the GTi with them is 30 - 35mm at front and 20-25mm on the rear.

The 45mm lowering is for the GT TDi models, as they sit on higher suspension as standard than on the GTi variants, information on the Eibach website confirms this, sorry, not meaning to gripe ha.gifbeerchug.gif

Oh and here's a recent pic of mine on its sportlines, and for anyone interested, even with my 19" I haven't noticed any significant reduction in ride quality

bens_gti.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Veedub.......just seen this thread mate, and yours looks fantastic. 169144-ok.gif

Robintegra, sorry for the thread hijack mate, and welcome to the forum. Your GTI looks good also. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Cool im just in Stafford laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stafford eh, you work for Autovogue then being as you're promoting their wares here the_finger.gif haha

[ QUOTE ]

Veedub.......just seen this thread mate, and yours looks fantastic. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you kind sir 169144-ok.gif

How you finding your Beemer? Have to say, I took a look at a M318i M-Sport the other week at my local dealer, very nice cars indeed. Never been a fan of five door coors before, but I was seriously tempted I have to say ECLIPSe.gif

Hi lads can you tell me what sorta money you's paid for the Eibach Sportlines and where you bought them from. Was it expensive to get them fitted and does it make much difference to ride quality? If you would rather not mention pricing on the forum please feel free to pm me.. Thanks beerchug.gif

Hi,

The Springs are aroun £135 i think, The are a progresive spring so they are nice and soft but get harder the more you push them.

Great Springs ive had them on my last few cars and the other half has them on her Lupo GTI.

Do you have any pictures of your car MRKJM?

Rob

Yea here she is Robintegra,(see attachment) ps. who did you buy your springs from and where they hard to fit? Looked at www.eibachshop.com but I couldn't find any for the Gti just the Tdi..

post-12375-137914369929_thumb.jpg

Looks great, Where did you get the wheels from?

I'll ring Eibach and see if they are in stock.

Rob

Eibach dont have any in stock, they have 2 sets on there way from Germany which will arrive in around 2 weeks.

Part No. 20-85-014-02-22

You could try ringing some other Eibach dealers who might keep them ion stock, maybe Awesome ,

Hope this helps,

Rob

[ QUOTE ]

Hi lads can you tell me what sorta money you's paid for the Eibach Sportlines and where you bought them from. Was it expensive to get them fitted and does it make much difference to ride quality? If you would rather not mention pricing on the forum please feel free to pm me.. Thanks beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there, got your message, ditto Robintegra's comments really, you do have to wait for these springs to come into the country as they're not generally a stock item, I had to wait 2 weeks for mine.

The part number he lists is also correct, its the same as the one I sent you in my PM, these springs fit both the GTi and TDi variants, but lower each car differently, which is obvious when you consider the GTi is already lower as standard than a TDI.

As for fitting, well I can't advise on that, as I fitted mine myself, but I have lowered every car I have ever owned as well as friends cars, so I have had enough practice. Still scary as hell giving the suspension leg carrier / hub a fair whack with the lump hammer to remove it though yelrotflmao.gif

Thanks very much for the help folks much appreciated, got the wheels from Germany. Mite give them guys a shout not dangerous money..