Audi R8 Update...............!!

sidicks

What people forget though is that Audi invented the mid engine concept for performance cars and have a huge racing heritage nothing greater than Lemans. The R8 road car is built to cellebrate the R8 racer which has won something like 61 races out of 72 starts, this will be Audis flag ship and will use technology derived from the R8 racer. Something that neither Lambo or Porker can boast....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

What people forget though is that Audi invented the mid engine concept for performance cars and have a huge racing heritage nothing greater than Lemans. The R8 road car is built to cellebrate the R8 racer which has won something like 61 races out of 72 starts, this will be Audis flag ship and will use technology derived from the R8 racer. Something that neither Lambo or Porker can boast....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lambo is Audi wink.gif

Was there not something in the initial press statement from Audi when it acquired Lambo it did so in the interests of it becoming their effort of entering into the prestige sports car market?

So is the R8 Audi's own attempt to do this itself? confused.gif

Tricky one.. the question was asked in Germany but they didn't really give us much of an answer, but I suppose they didn't yes or no. The new A4 based Coupe is launched next year and that will be coming with the 3.0tdi engine and the 4.2 V8 petrol at launch, After Lemans who knows what is going to come I even have people asking about a tdi TTC but I think this is restricted due to the fact the only engine that would fit will be the 2.0 out of the A3 (transverse) but then this does come with 170bhp now...

That is something I can't really answer, I always thought that Audi buying Lambo turning them around and then launching their own supercar was a tad odd, but I have seen the car and it knocks spots off the competition in sheer styling I just hope it drives as good as it looks...

• 3 weeks later...