Bl00dy alloys

Ohidunno

First time I drive my new S3 i very gently grazed the alloy - made a huge mess. First time girlfriend drives the new S3 she gently grazes the other front wheel - made a huge mess.

Obviously we need to be more carefull, but on the basis that this is goig to happen every so often how much for a new set of 18" 9 spokes?

What are they made of anyway, you'd think it was butter the way they cut!

Also when i bought the car it was advertised as having a symphony 2, but it holds 6 discs so I guess that means its a symphony 6? which is nice

Aren't the OEM ones around £450-500 each. You can pickup a full set of replicas with tyres for around £1000 though.

All 4 of mine are slightly scuffed and that's within 10 months of buying. Tyres offer next to no protection.

Try Wicked Wheels or someone similar - they charge around £50 per wheel to refurb and the paint match is very close so I hear.

yep. OEM RSTT's are approx £475 inc vat and centre cap each.

then tyres on top of that.

set of four tyres cost me £660.

so that will be £2560 + from audi smashfreakB.gif

bear in mind if you go replicas, that they are different offset, so shouldnt be mixed and matched with oem.

ie all oem, or all replica.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your alloys! EEK2.GIF

I know how you feel, the ones on our allroad actually stick out way past the tyre so are quite easy to ruin (roll on the days of offset designs!!!).

We (my wife and I) have both kerbed them on a few occassions, it's especially easy to do when the car is new and you are getting used to it rocketwhore.gif We felt physically sick for a while after first doing it suicide.gif.

Since then we have had four new wheels (two via an accident/insurance claim and two under warranty due to corrosion) so the wheels on it are pretty good at the moment SMOKE6.GIF.

My advice is to live with the damage for a while, put it all down to experiance and enjoy the car ECLIPSe.gif.

New wheels are expensive (I wouldn't even think of replicas if you already have originals) and just not worth doing NONO3.GIF.

If it's really eating you, put the money they would cost to one side (in a seperate account) then you know you can get new ones at any time and should ease that urge to actually do it! At most use some of it to have one repaired in a few months or so and see what you think of the results, then spend the rest of the money on another improvement to the car ECLIPSe.gif.

We also have the 18" wheels on our S3 and go to extreeeem lenths to protect them, but it is not easy and we probably look like learners when parking sometimes znaika.gif.

My tips are to:

1/Lower the nearside mirror electricaly so you can actually see the nearside rear wheel.

2/Make sure the front wheels are always at an angle to the kerb so that the tyre hits it first.

3/Stick your head out of the drivers side to look at the offside rear (yes,even in the rain yelrotflmao.gif).

4/Be carefull with the front skirt as its low enough to hit most kerbs when parking front on.

5/Make the effort to not park next to a kerb when poss.

Hope this all helps beerchug.gif Sport Billy

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strewth.

I wasn't considering replacing at this stage, was just wondering what the worst case scenario was. I'm glad we aren't the only numpties out there. my TVR has high profile tyres and I think it is almost impossible to kerb the wheels.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strewth.

I wasn't considering replacing at this stage, was just wondering what the worst case scenario was. I'm glad we aren't the only numpties out there. my TVR has high profile tyres and I think it is almost impossible to kerb the wheels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know off topic but what TVR do you have OhIDunno??

And welcome to TS.net beerchug.gif