[Audi A3/S3] New Audi S3 officially announced!!!

Bison1379134007

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like its going to be a great car even if the looks don't match the performance. Looks like you are going to be having some serious fun at sub 6secs performance levels. The handling might be in the same league aswell. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

Game on and I like the looks being subtle.

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like its going to be a great car even if the looks don't match the performance. Looks like you are going to be having some serious fun at sub 6secs performance levels. The handling might be in the same league aswell. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that it is subtle at all. It looks just right!

[ QUOTE ]

So how many people still have deposits down and are going to go through with the order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deposit down since Jan, and am definately ordering asap.

I think they've done a good job of it personally.

Having said that, fear the options list! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So how many people still have deposits down and are going to go through with the order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deposit down since Jan, and am definately ordering asap.

I think they've done a good job of it personally.

Having said that, fear the options list! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed it is going to be £30K easily with just my essentials.

£26995 for the car +

BOSE. (£500 probably)

Steering Wheel upgrade. (£200 probably)

Acoustic rear parking. (£300 probably)

Leather. (£1200 probably)

Bucket seats (£1000 probably)

£30195

And then you have the nice to have's

RS4 alloys (£1000 probably)

Sat Nav with IPOD and Blutooth (£2200 probably)

£33,195 !!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Az - the wheels will be more like £2k mate, they were £1850 for my S3.

As for acoustic parking, WTF do you need that for on a hatchback?? Are you a bird?? tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed aftermarket ones maybe an option once the first set of tyres have burnt out.

Acoustic parking, I have had it on all my Audi's since my last S3, then A4 Cab now A4 Saloon, I really like it. In between I had a Seat Leon Cupra R and reversed it into a post confused.gif

AZ

currently not impressed.

and most certainly wont be rushing out to get one in the near future .

my current car is as quick if not quicker remapped, same or more power, good chunk more torque and more importantly gets much better fuel economy .

Its rare i see below 25 mpg at worse. Yet the new S3 combined average is 25.7 ???

ok we can get into the conversation that the new S3 will be able to be remapped, but once you weigh up the cost to change, and the fact the mods are already in place on mine, then its no brainer.

and even modding, if the New S3 comes out the box with a peak boost of 1.2 bar, then thats less for the tuners to play with.

If i didnt mind poorer fuel economy than i get at the minute, id probably go back to a V6 (r32?? ) or get raped by shell and own a V8.

maybe it will grow on me confused.gif

I'm surprised about the boost level and mpg - thats almost 20% below the 2.0T!

The 2.0 engine seems to put out about 20% more power than the 1.8 in its guises (150 in normally aspirated form versus 115 for the 1.8, 200 in standard turbo versus 150 etc) - 265 versus the old 225 engine is around the same amount more. So why not put in a similar sized turbo with similar boost as the old S3? Far better economy and more room for remaps etc.

[ QUOTE ]

currently not impressed.

and most certainly wont be rushing out to get one in the near future .

my current car is as quick if not quicker remapped, same or more power, good chunk more torque and more importantly gets much better fuel economy .

Its rare i see below 25 mpg at worse. Yet the new S3 combined average is 25.7 ???

ok we can get into the conversation that the new S3 will be able to be remapped, but once you weigh up the cost to change, and the fact the mods are already in place on mine, then its no brainer.

and even modding, if the New S3 comes out the box with a peak boost of 1.2 bar, then thats less for the tuners to play with.

If i didnt mind poorer fuel economy than i get at the minute, id probably go back to a V6 (r32?? ) or get raped by shell and own a V8.

maybe it will grow on me confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it all comes down to whether you want a change, and if you do is this the car to get with your hard earned. For the price it just seems there are better cars out in the second hand market, but then maintenance, tax and petrol costs are higher... Let alone if something gets damaged.. sekret.gif

I was up for a change from my R32, but if the CSL or RS4 were not out, I would have stuck with it...