ENZO no more....

max_b

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The car had done 33000 miles, it was his daily hack!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It would probably be mine too. I wouldn't be able to leave that gaining dust in the garage!

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant to say was, If I had an Enzo, id probably use it every day too. tongue.gif

I think Ferrari can repair them at the factory, even from that state, but it costs about £400k. Still it's not like you can just pick up a new one anywhere.

It's not the Gizmondo car, but it is about the fourth Enzo I've seen wrecked. Targa gives the owners mentality away, clearly a prick more concerned with posing than anything else, maybe his friends had Carrera GT's.

Here's the transcript of his purchase.

Ferrari

<font color="red">"And here is the new Ferrari Enzo. State of the art high performance. Were pleased to offer it to you all as valued customers. The order book is now open."</font>

Yank

<font color="blue"> "Don't ya do a convertible?!" </font>

<font color="red"> "No sir, the run will be coupes only" </font>

<font color="blue"> "Well it's my money and if it ain't open then neither is my chequebook" </font>

[sigh] <font color="red"> "Perhaps sir would settle for a targa?" </font>

<font color="blue"> [???]</font>

<font color="red"> "We cut out two panels in the roof. Have you seen 'Smokey and the Bandit'?" </font>

<font color="blue"> "Sure!" </font> [Genuinely enthused]

<font color="red"> "Like the Trans-Am sir." </font>

<font color="blue"> "Hot damn! A Ferrari with a Trans-Am roof! Will mine be the only one?" </font>

<font color="red"> "Undoubtedly sir." </font> ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Targa gives the owners mentality away, clearly a prick more concerned with posing than anything else, maybe his friends had Carrera GT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have never owned a convertible.

There is something about them that makes you willing to accept a degree of compromise. I'm currently looking at tin-tops and I just know if I change back I'll probably regret it.

Wonder if the result would have been the same if he hadn't chopped the roof. Guess the effect may not be as severe given it uses a CF tub. And hitting a pothole at 200mph is always going to be a brown pants moment.

Have to give him credit for using the thing.