APR Fri 13th

jsheldon

remap chip more or less the same end result isn't it... and i talk with no authority... you wanna know about IP/MPLS and lots of other geeky things - im your man smile.gif

but my undertsanding was NA chipping gives like 5-10bhp.. then you are looking at port polishing etc etc and more hard core stuff....

and the 1.8t i would have thought would run the general 1.8t settings... unless they change a lot...

Bison – Shouldn’t it have gone like this?????????

Mitchell>>> Hello everyone we are having a sale!!! All other tuning companies suck!

Bison>>>> Now Mitch, you can't say that. This is a place for technical discussions not advertisements and slagging off companies!

Mitchell>>>> Sorry Bison, I will try to do better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As it turns out, I am being reprimanded for not disclosing the fact we are having a sale. This is very strange… Bison, you are weird!

Anyway, non turbo cars don’t respond near as well to software as the turbo cars do. One of the reasons we haven’t done much normally aspirated code is it takes just as much time to tune it correctly and the gains are not as much, so the market is smaller and the price would need to be the same because we have the same amount of development time for turbo and non turbo cars. We will probably start doing some shortly and charge a lesser price, but we need to make sure that all of the turbo cars are complete before we do. The cabriolet we will look at and I heard that it will come with a 1.8T later as well. That will be a fantastic car.

Sure! We will be looking at the new S4 very closely. If the current trend of going to a normally aspiated engine trend continues we will need to adjust our R&D. Most of the NA guys are really looking for the speed limiter removed and a bit more timing so they can use the entire RPM range. For the record, there will not be near the HP gains in these new codes as the turbo cars unless the programming is horrible, which is rare in Audis. We may be able to play with the VVT and get more power as well, that is yet to be seen. I was really hoping that the new V8 was going to be FSI, this will add an entire new dynamic to the programming and I for one can't wait for the first FSI performance motor.

whew - must admit I was worried what would happen to all the tuning companies when the 1.8T was phased out as so much of their work is for this engine in VAG cars

also don't see anything worng with APR posting a threas "We have a sale on" - same goes for AmD or whoever

can do that without criticising others

Thanks Adam,

I really like posting technical stuff but not company stuff. That is why I didn't post about it. When Bison brought it up I thought it was ok, but I thought the roles were reversed! He sould have been yelling at me for advertising, not failing to advertise. I threw in the "suck" comment for effect, hope no one took that literally.

thought it'll change in 3 weeks when the EMCS becomes obsolete?

I thought the revotechnik sps system was there new flavour?

serial port programming appears common now though, there are tos available to do it all, I can't see all the fuss, we'll all be doing it soon anyway, not exactly original.