Photo
- - - - -

reprogramme to enable auto door locking?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 simon999

simon999

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:16 AM

Hi,
Anyone know if it's possible to enable the auto door locking function that you get on the new grille A3 on a 2004 new shape (but old grille) model?

Thanks again,
Simon

--------
8P 2004 2.0 tdi sport DSG A3 - lava grey

#2 h5djr

h5djr

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

Yes it is possible. I have a 2004 A3 and mine has been reprogrammed to add auto door locking and then reprogrammed again to have it taken out as I found it annoying.

Any dealer can reprogram the system using their diagnostic computer. They can also change the system to allow all doors to be locked and unlocked with one press of the remote or just the drivers door with a second press for the other doors.
David R
---------------------------------
A3 2.0 TDI - 170 Sportback SE S-tronic - Silver - my 6th A3

#3 Paul

Paul

Porsche GT3

• Members
  • 11,625 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

It should be possible to do it with VAg-com as well.

#4 shark_90

shark_90

Selachimorpha

• Members
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

Yep, dead easy to do with the right equipment and software. Your Audi centre should do it for free (but might not) or some to a meet and I'm sure someone with VAG-COM will do it for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif
European vehicle Remapping and Diagnostics from Shark Performance
Tuning - Immobiliser deactivation - PIN/SKC retrieval - Key coding - DIS/Cruise retrofits - DPF removals
www.sharkperformance.co.uk - http://www.facebook....harkperformance

Take control of your tuning with the Self Tuning System from Shark Performance

#5 Fergy

Fergy

BMW 130d

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

had mine done at local audi stealers FOC but the car was new. I ve heard stealers charging for the priviledge

#6 iceman2002_uk

iceman2002_uk

Citroen C1 GT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

its what they call a convenience feature, audi diagnostics can enable this dead easy, give your local audi centre a call....
Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line S-Tronic in Mauritius Blue, S-Line Part Leather Upholstery, 18" S-Line Design Alloys, Cruise Control, Ambient Lighting Pack, Rear Sunblind, Symphony II with iPod adaptor, BOSE Sound System, Rear Spolier, Front Centre Armrest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users