Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobK

Millers

5 posts in this topic

I'm asking this for a friend, before anyone accuses me of wanting a smokemobile tongue.gif

Can you use Millers Octane Plus in a diesel, and is there any point? It's a Golf 130PD to be precise.

Thanks, smoke fans!

I'm sure there's a few pretty good reasons why that wouldn't be a good idea. Millers do a diesel additive, a few of us have tried it and the best I can say is that it might quieten things down a little. Its more noticable on a knackered old diesel engine though grin.gif

Gotta agree with young Richard, I think the Millers is aimed more at the knackered diesel market, I've tried Millers over 3-4 months and some 15k and not noticed much improvement in mpg or rattle/throb !

Mine is a 2002 130PD.

Don't use it anymore. frown.gif

Did someone say knackered diesel engine?????

Sounds like i need some of this stuff then.....although yesterday i was sitting in the queue for a McDonalds drive through thinking how loud my car was rattling at the moment, and it turned out to be the 02 reg Astra diesel behind me....165k on the clock and still purrs better than a new vauxhall fuck_scott.gif

I tried the Miller's Diesel additive in my A4, and over a couple of tankfuls of "oil", fuel economy actually dropped off to 28mpg from 33mpg-ish!!!!

Donated the remainder to Gaunty for their knackered diesel (no, not the A4 smile.gif)