RedRobin

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Can't say I've noticed any difference over Optimax. Strangely, I noticed that MPH2006 is sponsored by Optimax and not V Power - what's all that about then? blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When I filled up with V-Power yesterday I was given a couple of scratchcards to win free tickets. I saw the Shell icon but didn't notice if it said Optimax or V-Power.

Doesn't really matter... neither scratchcard won tongue.gif

I'm currently seeing approximately 2MPG more on my 2.8 A8 after about a weeks driving around eg. 10% more. Clearly paying for itself outright but I have around a 22-24 mile round trip to get the stuff so overall it's marginal.

In terms of performance I really cant say I've noticed anything yet, hopefully I'll get to give it a good thrash at the weekend smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Can't say I've noticed any difference over Optimax. Strangely, I noticed that MPH2006 is sponsored by Optimax and not V Power - what's all that about then? blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just seen a new MPH 06' poster on the back of a bus and it's now sponsored by V-Power.

Also had a little, "Get well soon Hamster" message on it. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

In 2 weeks I have "earned" myself 3 keyrings!!! Does that make me a global warming threat?? shocked.giftongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have one of my keyrings then as I still have my Optimax card, no V-Power card and no litereture from them to date and I accumulate plus points from my Visa card and the Optimax one. Maybe they feel I get enough from them already? smashfreakB.gif

Just filled the GTi with V Power for the second time. The first time it was still quarter full of 97, hence only now will it be entirely 99. As I've mentioned previously, I'm not expecting a massive difference as the engine doesn't have knock sensors to advance / retard the timing. Shell reckon it is cleaner for the engine though.

Mpg wise, I haven't got a clue what I am getting, and to be honest I couldn't care. Bought as a weekend plaything limited to 5k per year, economy isn't an issue. Even so, by avoiding Motorway services, I managed to get both tanks of V Power for 91.9 pence - incidentally cheaper than the two previous tanks of BP Ultimate 97.

Ian