I have discount available for the GTI -UK Vehicles

Oli

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

off on a tangent... I came up behind a Cooper S today on a slip road (a LONG steep fecker) upto the M40 and the guy was up for giving it some beans, and well there was nothing in it he couldn't pull away but nor could I get close to over take... anyway this got me thinking about a remap (is that what they're called?) as I thought my old girl could do with a little more power (a GTI needing MORE power? grin.gif).... sooooo, Oli what does it cost ££££?

ta much 169144-ok.gif

£499+ VAT is the REVO recommend price, but I know a man etc who might be able to get you a small amount of money off.

It is amazing with it!

Are you going to the rolling road day, I am, Ill take you ou tin the car and you can see what I mean and see the results on paper afterwards

so that gives an extra 55bhp... sounds reasonable. What about fuel consumption (I have a 60 mile commute) and insurance?

I was going to be at the rolling day but it got moved and I'm on holiday then... damn... I've never made it to a meet but would love to get down to one and will take you up on that offer for sure! cheers 169144-ok.gif

Well thats what Revo say, but it is very fast now - especially in gear, no change in consumption, and I have a trade policy so I couldn't tell you on that one.

God help my front tyres though - Its also very easy to spin the wheels off the mark by accident!!

[ QUOTE ]

Well thats what Revo say, but it is very fast now - especially in gear, no change in consumption, and I have a trade policy so I couldn't tell you on that one.

God help my front tyres though - Its also very easy to spin the wheels off the mark by accident!!

[/ QUOTE ]

recently (in the last 2-3k miles, out of 8k) I've found the front wheels spinning very easily (on a manual, not automatic wink.gif ) ... I swapped the backs to the front at about 6k as the fronts got a good fecking at car limits..

so God knows what 255 would be like with my right foot! UHOH7.GIF

The Insurance on a chipped car wasn't too bad for me... I had my Audi S3 Chipped to 250 bhp from 210bhp (11 - 19% more power) And it was less than £50 extra with direct line.

All though they then wouldn't insure my girl friend until she was over 25.

No kurbed alloys then!!! jump.gif

Seems daft don't you think Red? I dont recon £50 is unreasonable for such a big upgrade. Yet She is 24 with 5 years no claims and they wouldn't even quote! I mean you're not gonna let anyone you don't trust to drive on your insurance -

Its definatly one of the reasons why i haven't wanted to chip the Golf.