I have discount available for the GTI -UK Vehicles

Oli

I can really see both points, if I were ordering another GTI I'd be appreciative of Oli's offer but can also see Mollox' point about revenue for the running of the site.

Also a wee bit confused... how is it different that people can sell stuff on here in the market place and offer TSN discounts etc? A few months back I bought a "safety device" via a long standing TSN offer and saved at least 50 quid, I was delighted! Does the site get a commission % per sale if not surely that's the same as Oli?

cheers 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is pathetic! Well it doesn't matter now as people who seem to be interested in a discounted Golf have contacted me.

I wont mention it again, but word of mouth will spread, and when other people mention it will that be allowed....hold on Im sure Ive mentioned this already....sounds like we are going round in circles.

Cheers everyone, Mollox included, points taken on board ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have seen allsorts advertised in signatures on here, limo hire, theatre sound systems to name a copule

[/ QUOTE ]

And those who do will have arranged it with the admins first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly SMOKE6.GIF we still have work to do...

Re the marketplace and group buys - TSN doesn't make a penny from any transactions made on this site. Equally it can't accept any responsibility either.

Certain group buys have been arranged by members (on a non-profit basis). Typically they will have found a supplier and arranged a discount of their own accord for the benefit of others.

Tyresmoke earns income to pay for hosting via Google Ads. Any shortfall is made up by Bison (who barely has time to read his own site these days) which is a major reason why we don't want to see the site exploited. Equally so, having a commercially-neutral forum is one of the great strengths of TSN 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

This is pathetic! Well it doesn't matter now as people who seem to be interested in a discounted Golf have contacted me.

I wont mention it again, but word of mouth will spread, and when other people mention it will that be allowed....hold on Im sure Ive mentioned this already....sounds like we are going round in circles.

Cheers everyone, Mollox included, points taken on board ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly is it pathetic? In fact we resent that. You're a business. I can't accept that you didn't think you'd make some money when you made this post. You didn't contact the site admins, the Terms and Conditions state that the site is not to be used for commercial gain. We tell you this and its still pathetic? smashfreakB.gif

We could have just removed this post hours ago but instead wasted time (it seems) trying to explain.

As a business do you advertise anywhere? If you do and pay for it, how is this different?

No, this is pathetic the way it is just going on and on.. dont you think so? I have already chaged my sig, agreed to disagree etc etc and yet it still goes on. You just seem to read what you want to read

Of course money was to be made, I run a business, but didn't quite realise the implications of what I have done, but all has been changed now.

And like I said you could of PM'd me with fee's but this hasn't been done or mentioned. So like you have said stop wasting time - How Much to advertise?

Or do I just mention it to another member 'off air' about how I can help people and let them talk about it, then I wont be pushing it myself. Do you see where I am coming from now

I don't think I understand you.

I left this post at 5ish having made and explained the site admin view on the matter. I had to re-explain it because you initially dismissed what I had to say.

I noted your post at 6:14 saying you'd changed your sig and ignored you questioning my maturity.

I then popped back into this post as people were asking for clarification on the differences between plugging and marketplace sales and group buys. Then you started again....

In fact, have a re-read of the post. With your eyes open this time, please tongue.gif

Guns blazing?

[ QUOTE ]

Please also remember that this is a free forum and advertising for profit services, as you're doing, isn't allowed - that's abusing the Joy

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not really. It was a quick and polite note pointing out that advertising is not allowed here.

Your reaction was to dismiss this and tell me not to be silly. Its going "on and on" because you keep telling me its pathetic and not accepting the rules - despite the fact that you signed up to them when you joined.

I'm not sat here at work, trying to finish a report and feeling compelled to step in and explain all of this for the love of it. I'm doing so because I and the rest of the mods and admins have certain beliefs about how Tyresmoke should be (as referenced in the Ts and Cs) and we're trying to help you understand why that's the case.

Mollox, thanks for clarifying re marketplace. 169144-ok.gif

one final question...what about posting links to companies? I've posted a fair few since I've been registered e.g. fischer sport, autobestbuy etc but have no affiliation whatsoever to these companies. Can I be pulled up on that?

I come to this site to receive/share knowledge, a bit of banter and fun and at times have passed on links to deals - but fully respect that you and the other mods manage the site and what you say goes znaika.gif

No doubt Mollox or another Mod will answer this for you, muppetboy, but my understanding is that it's okay to post links to commercial companies in the context of stuff like: "Hey guys, this useful bit of kit we've been discussing is available here with more info on it" - This isn't actually selling or advertising but is recommending as help. Yes??

Put it this way, I've never been pulled up for it. Who mentioned Millteks? sekret.gif

I fully support what Mollox is saying (as someone trying to sell a GTI at the moment, and paying to advertise on other sites).

I might be wrong but i dont think its a problem if someone says "speak to Mr X, he offers a good service and his prices are good". But to advertise your services after every post is different. People can choose to tell others about the service they have recieved (word of mouth), but i have no control over what is said in someones signature.

[ QUOTE ]

Linking to a company you think will provide other members with Joy is all good. Spread the word etc. Where its not good is if its your company!

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif Rather better said than my post 169144-ok.gif.

I'd just like to go on the record as stating that I have absolutely no shares or financial interests in any of the following companies grin.gif:

- Milltek

- Koni

- Eibach

- West Tuning

- Carbonio

- AwesomeGTI

- VW

- Pioneer

- Apple

- BBS

grin.gif