[Audi A3/S3] Koni shocks and H&R springs

DuncS3

[ QUOTE ]

Chelski Mick, sorry to go off topic but what issues did you have with the 19" rims (19"x8"?)

Thinking of getting some any help appreciated. ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha...

That Chelski has really caught on... wink.gif

Anyway

amlaS3,

I had 19x8.5" alloys fitted with 215/35 tyres. Now with the combination of H&R springs with standard shocks and the very low profile of the tyres the ride was bone crunching to say the least. I could feel every bump in the road! It also seemed to skip around corners rather than turn in and glide. Maybe this was because there was hardly any tyre wall, 'cause of the tyre profile or the bad combination of lowered springs and standard shocks. But it was unbearable.

There are a few members on here with 19's (Simon for one) that appear to get on well with them. There is no doubting that the right choice of 19" alloys do look better than 18's but from my experience I wasn't prepared to take a chance and compromise the ride quality for the cosmetic side of things. When I came to change the tyres on the old 19's and to go to a different size (235 or 245/35) they wouldn't have fitted under the arches.

This is just my opinion and if you are seriously thinking of getting 19's then it might be worth asking the members that have 19's fitted what they honestly think about the ride quality and tyre size combination they use.

Mick