0 to 60 in 6 seconds gti

bmx

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

remember too that the gps readout can be affected by gradients in the road... slap.gif....

[/ QUOTE ]

....Not so, according to discussion in another thread on TSN where it was all fully explained. At least, not so it would matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok....i may be miles away with this but my understanding of gps is that the reading is linear......

i do know what you mean by "at least, not so it would matter"......but never the less it is not 100% bang on the button......

it is however as close as your going to get to it without some fancy gadgetry.....

i have noticed with my gps the readings at times can be upto 5 to 6 mph slower than the speedo readout.....yet when navigating a steepish hill the gps reading is more or less bang on the speedo...

technology huh........ 169144-ok.gif

"Golf GTI coming soon, or maybe mk5 r32 ????? bugger me i cant decide"

....That's quite a tricky one. I had that worm in my brain about the Mk5 .:R after I had bought my GTI. V6 4WD grunt versus Turbo'd agility and fun. The GTI looks a tad sportier in its styling, the .:R looks more stealthy - Depends what you prefer.

The only way to decide is some loooong test drives, back to back if possible. Keep us posted. Btw there's threads in the forums comparing them if you do a Search.

[ QUOTE ]

....That's quite a tricky one. I had that worm in my brain about the Mk5 .:R after I had bought my GTI. V6 4WD grunt versus Turbo'd agility and fun. The GTI looks a tad sportier in its styling, the .:R looks more stealthy - Depends what you prefer.

The only way to decide is some loooong test drives, back to back if possible. Keep us posted. Btw there's threads in the forums comparing them if you do a Search.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat at the moment, but I already have a GTi, with as much or more power as an .:R32, would I be disapointed with R32 compared....Oh god what a dilema! Also the MPG is a big thing for me, thats why Im going to have a weekend test drive in one and see from there 169144-ok.gif

but obviously I also understand the .:R32 has a completely differnt power delivery.....decisions, decisions!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same boat at the moment, but I already have a GTi, with as much or more power as an .:R32, would I be disapointed with R32 compared....Oh god what a dilema! Also the MPG is a big thing for me, thats why Im going to have a weekend test drive in one and see from there 169144-ok.gif

but obviously I also understand the .:R32 has a completely differnt power delivery.....decisions, decisions!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a long back to back test drive of the r32 and gti on wednesday afternoon. gave them both some panhandle. i am now leaning towards the GTI,the low mpg is putting me off, i love the sound, but the bad thing about the noise is it sort of makes you want to thrash it all the time. powerwise im not all that impressed, from a standing start i would recon it would out do alot of cars, but there not much top end power, it seems to just rev from 4500rpm to 7000rpm without a noticable power increase. i much prefer the power delivery of a turbo. the handling was nice in the r32 but when i pushed it hard, it wanted to plough on understeer. if i get the GTI i will have to get the rear valance and sills painted or something, they just dont do it for me in grey plastic. has anyone had this done on a silver GTI? any pictures?

Yes very nice, would definately have it if my car was a lighter car. I would also keep the standard two pipe system on it, the quad or centre twins, I think, look a bit much on the GTI's.

Anyone got a pic of a black GTI with this done?

it sounds like a bugger of a job, apparently the plastics need to be smoothed off, then primered using 2 different types of primer, then base and clear coat. im going from what i have read on vortex, sounds expensive. how much do people pay for the front, rear and side skirts painting in metalic?