19 replies to this topic

#1 Lorcan

Lorcan

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

Stupid question time. I've got a Gamma radio/cassette in my car and keep getting traffic announcements. How do I turn the bloody things off? I can't find it in the manual, I can alter the settings but not turn it off.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iamwithstupid.gif

#2 pingpongpo

pingpongpo

Subaru Impreza WRX

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

I think you have to hold down the TIM button.

I had similar trouble when trying to switch it on to record traffic annoucements when I had a long journey after work recently.

#3 Lorcan

Lorcan

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I suppose a hammer will turn it off...

#4 hotdog

hotdog

Panties are proof

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

Press the FM button!
All I wanted to do was stroke her hair...........

#5 geo_nr1

geo_nr1

Saab 9-3 Aero

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:58 AM

Say the post title and thought that TP27 was taling rubbish again and people were getting fed up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#6 TP27

TP27

Mercedes E55 AMG

• Members
  • 6,455 posts
  • LocationEn Ecosse

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say the post title and thought that TP27 was talking rubbish again and people were getting fed up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fekr.gif Turn TP off, never !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelrotflmao.gif TP.

2014 VW Golf R.   +++

#7 R32Ash

R32Ash

Subaru Impreza WRX

• Members
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I suppose a hammer will turn it off...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines been stuck on for well over a year now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashfreakB.gif

In the manual, following the bit that tells you how to turn it on, it says something like 'it can also be turned off', without so much as a clue as to how you do it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

#8 Rustynuts

Rustynuts

Porsche Carrera 4S

• Members
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

Do what I had to, tune all the TP programs to a frequency where there's no signal. That way it can't receive anything so won't interupt you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif
I only accept pm's from my contacts. If your name's not on the list then you ain't invited.

#9 Lorcan

Lorcan

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

Think I'll just buy a CD player... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ROLLEY~14.GIF

#10 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

I've managed to get my TP stuck on now! And it cuts in on the cd player too!
Remapped B6 A4 130TDI quattro Sport | Self fitted cruise | Interior re-trimmed in black | 18" RS6/B7 S-Line (are they the same?!) | A3 8P Gearstick | 3.5" TT V6 twin exhaust tips | aero wipers | B7 Concert II+ | Brushed Alu Interior | Auto Dimming rear view mirrors (interior & exterior), Auto headlights and Coming home lights, rain sensing wipers. Considering - folding mirrors... just need the bits.

#11 hotdog

hotdog

Panties are proof

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

Put the stereo on to radio. IIRC there will be two TP symbols.
Then press the FM button. This should take you off the TP recieve mode. There will still be one TP symbol in the display if the station is transmitting TP broadcasts, but you should now have an FM symbol. Hopefully this will stop the broadcasts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#12 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:01 PM

Cheers for that, that shut the little bugger up! I've also managed, whilst fiddling about, to make my stereo go louder the faster the car goes. I didn't realise that Gamma's had that feature. I have no idea where I found it, or how I turned it on, but it definately happens!
Remapped B6 A4 130TDI quattro Sport | Self fitted cruise | Interior re-trimmed in black | 18" RS6/B7 S-Line (are they the same?!) | A3 8P Gearstick | 3.5" TT V6 twin exhaust tips | aero wipers | B7 Concert II+ | Brushed Alu Interior | Auto Dimming rear view mirrors (interior & exterior), Auto headlights and Coming home lights, rain sensing wipers. Considering - folding mirrors... just need the bits.

#13 hotdog

hotdog

Panties are proof

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

Glad to be of service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#14 sidlad

sidlad

Ford Ka

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

What does IIRC stand for??
If any ones knows how to to turn on the feature Benjie mentions could you let me know...i tyhink its meant to adjust for road noise tho rather than just get louder with speed!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
'52 Bora TDI Sport 130

#15 TwoSheds

TwoSheds

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

IIRC..stands for 'If I remember correctly'

GALA is set up as follows:

1. Turn radio on.
2. Press 'MENU' button.
3. Press button next to displayed 'set-up'
4. Press button next to displayed 'GALA'
5. Adjust GALA setting by turning right-hand rotary knob.

It automatically adjusts the volume to suit the speed of the car as the noise level in the car increases with the car speed.

Setting GALA 1 the volume is increased slowly when the car accelerates....Up to GALA setting 9, the volume is increased quickly when the car accelerates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#16 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

did I do that? I was sure i was just frantcally pressing he TP button and pressing the next/back/skip button and turning the knob - not all at the same time, obviously!

#17 sidlad

sidlad

Ford Ka

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:29 AM

Cheers TwoSheds, much appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif
'52 Bora TDI Sport 130

#18 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

Ooh! I figured it out for my gamma today! Press and hold TP then it comes up with the options which you scroll through by pressing he TP button again (or left and right?) Anyway, you can change the volume at which it comes on at (ONVOL), the TP announcment volume (TPVOL) and the speed up noise volume (GALA) and something else too. I always thought that the words in () were the names of TP broadcasters!!

#19 Jove

Jove

Shank's Pony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Excellent postings. I have now turned off my TP AND know what that funny GALA station really is. Pity you don't write the VW manual, it would be miles better.

By Jove

#20 benjie

benjie

Volkswagen Golf GTi

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By Jove

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not heard that saying in ages, it made me laugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users