TSN Audi 80 TDi mileage challenge of Joy!

shark_90

Those of you who know John_Carter and danksy will know there's been a bit of an MPG war on since they've both had Audi 80 TDi's. Up to now, danksy is steaming ahead with 722 miles to one tank of diesel..

This week I am in posession of an 80 TDi myself, and I'm going for gold jump.gif

The added twist is that the car I'm driving is actually John_Carter's and he can't get close to danksy.. so it will be interesting to see if I can squeeze any more out of it! grin.gif

THE STORY SO FAR:

910960-DSC00050%28Small%29.JPG

post-9028-137914372597_thumb.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Well, it gets a good rip right up to the redline everyday just to blow the cobwebs out (and show up a few hot hatches in the process) but generally just tripping along the motorway gives 60+ mpg. Everyday driving gives 55 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's still unbelievable Rusty,I really can't imagine how you can achieve that economy. bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Best tank so far has been over 900 miles. Ive had a good few over 800, and virtually every one in the last year has been 700+ (or would've been if I'd gone on to finish the tank and ended up nowhere near a fill up station).

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 900 miles,Jeeez! shocked.gif

How big is the Bora tank compared to the Golf?

Treble the size? grin.gif

Not bottling it? Ha, tell me about it. The 900 mile tank finished up in Denmark. You any idea what it's like driving 100 miles with the low fuel light on in a foreign country looking for diesel? That makes your right foot very light indeed. blush.gif

Bora tank is same as the Golf tank btw.

[ QUOTE ]

Not bottling it? Ha, tell me about it. The 900 mile tank finished up in Denmark. You any idea what it's like driving 100 miles with the low fuel light on in a foreign country looking for diesel? That makes your right foot very light indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

See,even your reserve tank holds more fuel than mine. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Bora tank is same as the Golf tank btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF,I think I managed 550 to a tank once. blush.gifbike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Neil - I reckon it does.. J_C has ran out of diesel in the past and managed to get it going.

[/ QUOTE ]

And ran out and needed rescuing or pushing...... wink.gifcoffee.gifgrin.gif

Its weird this "how many miles can you get" - I have this inbuilt warning that when the DIS range says 45 left I MUST get fuel. MUST MUST MUST. smashfreakB.gifROLLEY~14.GIFgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Neil - I reckon it does.. J_C has ran out of diesel in the past and managed to get it going. So I believe so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that's right, fifteen seconds or so of turning over after refuelling and it burst into life. 'Relieved' is an understatement!

The fuel gauges are somewhat erratic on those old 80s. On that particular occasion the needle wasn't quite as low as it had been previously, without ever running out.

Good luck with the challenge. 691 is my PB SAUER0421.GIF

Durrsaku - of course! 169144-ok.gif