TSN Audi 80 TDi mileage challenge of Joy!

shark_90

Hmm... I seem to recall getting 803 miles to a tank on an Octavia 1.9TDI 110bhp going to Inverness and back.

That would mean nearly 68mpg!!! I should have used about 54 litres of a 55 litre tank, jesus, that must have had nothing left in the tank at all.

I wish I took a pic, I didn't really think anything of it at the time. I was just sat at 80mph all day slipstreaming cars.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

749. And I bottled it on the motorway and pulled in to Watford Gap services!

Got 65 litres in the tank (just) which means there was a good 3 litres left in. 3 litres =

[/ QUOTE ]

Pff. I've put in 68.8 litres in once in my D5 with a 70 litre tank... didn't think I was going to make it to the service area! Don't chicken out next time wink.gif

Plus you probably had another 3 litres in your fuel system, the S60 is quite a long car so lots of fuel in those pipes!

If you turn all the fans off when your low on fuel and you hear a strange high pitchied noise, that's your fuel pump sucking on air. That's when you say nothing left in your tank and you've got whatever is left in your fuel system.

Durrsaku - I'll post the pics when I get time.

DJCool - sorry to beat you again, but I got 71.3 litres in my TDi A4. The tank size is 70 litres.. as for not chickening out, this car isn't mine, so a) I don't want to break it, and b) I don't know it's little tendencies. This is the first time I've driven the car, but given time I reckon I could hit 800.

Should get my A4 back today though. Back to 370 on a tank!

Well, after the wife doing 30 miles or so in the car on Wednesday, the average for the day went from 63 when I gave her the keys to 57 when she gave them back. That was over about 160 miles so she must've caned it summat rotten. Knackered the chance of 800 miles for me, but.......

Filled up today, as I was getting way down, and this is what I got.

915108-Image032%28Small%29.jpg

915108-Image033%28Small%29.jpg

Over 63 litres in a 60 litre tank! How close to running out? blush.gifjump.gif

post-5289-137914373135_thumb.jpg

i think us 1.8T boys have had enough of this thread as i tried really hard this week to see how many miles i could squeeze out of mine and i ended up with 375 miles frown.gif, mostly driving short journeys 8 to 15 miles and one journey of 190 miles yesterday.

fekr.giffekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i think us 1.8T boys have had enough of this thread as i tried really hard this week to see how many miles i could squeeze out of mine and i ended up with 375 miles :(, mostly driving short journeys 8 to 15 miles and one journey of 10 miles yesterday.

fekr.giffekr.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta go sooty to get good mileage, matey. yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I got 440 out of my 1.8T, you boys just don't know how to drive wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

484 miles outta mine! Now who can't drive ices_blah.gif

Chaz!

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a CHALLENGE!!! jump.gif

When I get the uber car of joy back I'm afraid it's inevitable that I'll rag it a bit.. so on my second tank I'll give it a go grin.gif