TSN Audi 80 TDi mileage challenge of Joy!

shark_90

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and by the way Drury, we need picture proof, and no cheating!

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright chill you beans!!!! Will get picture proof off my phone!! Now I work in leeds I have a challenge - its 48 miles each way (so 480 miles a week) and I use my dads car in the evenings so thats all my car does - and I am using one tank a week....at a push, I have to say!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

You should have seen what I got out of it mate, just before you bought it.

Oh hang on, maybe you shouldn't. UHOH7.GIFgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its your fauly Sparky that my car is constantly knackered!! I have had new suspension arms and bushes on the front and now new seat bases both driver and passenger - exactly how did you break the seat bases? how long did you have may car for!! haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I got 440 out of my 1.8T, you boys just don't know how to drive wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

484 miles outta mine! Now who can't drive ices_blah.gif

Chaz!

[/ QUOTE ]

484 Miles....

Wow, that is amazing, what was the average MPG on the tank according to the tripcomputer?

[/ QUOTE ]

38ish - didn't reset it before I filled up though - I can average 40mpg Sheffield to Leeds driving like a girl. I reckon 500 miles is possible!

Chaz

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its your fauly Sparky that my car is constantly knackered!! I have had new suspension arms and bushes on the front and now new seat bases both driver and passenger - exactly how did you break the seat bases? how long did you have may car for!! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear taking the small hump-back bridge at 110mph hasn't helped here, has it. UHOH7.GIF

Man that car flew. grin.giftongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear taking the small hump-back bridge at 110mph hasn't helped here, has it. UHOH7.GIF

Man that car flew. grin.giftongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains the suspension, what about the broken seats - did you take you misses out on the hour test drive or something!!? slap.gif

Chaz

ps, no idea how big the tank is, don't really pay any attention to how much I get in!

Chaz

I am off to the south of france next month so I will have a go at this challenge.

Car is a chipped 110 tdi Passat.

How accurate are the MPG computer readings, I ask because the best average I have ever had was over about 40 mile trip on the M25 slipstreaming a lorry at 56mph, the trip read 98mpg, really tried hard for the 100, but couldn't get it.

my car seems best at 70 mph according to the computer, can get around 80mpg average.

[ QUOTE ]

I am off to the south of france next month so I will have a go at this challenge.

How accurate are the MPG computer readings, I ask because the best average I have ever had was over about 40 mile trip on the M25 slipstreaming a lorry at 56mph, the trip read 98mpg, really tried hard for the 100, but couldn't get it.

my car seems best at 70 mph according to the computer, can get around 80mpg average.

[/ QUOTE ]

Average 80mph @ 70mph?

Are you sure you were not being towed?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Average 80mph @ 70mph?

Are you sure you were not being towed?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the car is hard chipped or has a tuning box then the mpg reading will be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

[ QUOTE ]

I got 440 out of my 1.8T, you boys just don't know how to drive wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well i have done 300 miles so far driving driving like an old granny and the dis says i have 185 miles left smile.gif, this will drop down with stop starting and i have averaged 36.5 mpg 169144-ok.gifbut you know what

its feckin boring ECLIPSe.gif

so back to enjoying the car and 275 miles to a tank jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard the MPG readout, and run it for a full tank. See how many miles you can get out of a tank, that's what this is all about. It's having the guts to run it as low as possible without running out. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And you're supposed to have an Audi 80 to make it a fair test! fekr.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well cant afford the luxury of an Audi 80 fekr.gif so the passat will have to do. Would love your Audi though very nice car

Will see how low I can go Rusty, I pretty much know I can take it right off the mark.

Car was hard chipped by Upsolute

Well, I'll stop and put in another 10 litres when I've driven it 100 miles or so to make up for the discrepancy in tank sizes if that makes you feel happier. tongue.gif

Just face it, you're just not up to the challenge are you? grin.gif

690 miles now on this tank and still over 1/4 left to go........

[ QUOTE ]

Rusty I have to admit, you are mileage king! But it's still got to be in an Audi 80!!

Banny - the picture is of my A4, this is in an L reg 80 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, was commenting how nice it was.

the engine in a L reg Audi cant be that much different from mine anyway.