Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garreth64

Glovebox Broken

6 posts in this topic

My car is sold and is being picked up tomorrow. Just opened the glovebox to take out various CDs etc and the bloody think has snapped on the hinge on the left hand side! mad.gif

Typical this happens the day before im selling it. Ive got no time to get it fixed so will have to tell the purchaser when he comes to pick it up tomorrow.

I could superglue the hinge, but it feels like the piece still attached to the car is stuck and wont pivot, hence the fact it snapped.

Question is, is there anyway I could attempt to repair this, or should I offer the guy a few quid off the price as goodwill, and if so how much bearing in mind he got a great deal anyway?

I could not say anything and let him drive off, but Im not like that smile.gif

maybe glue it and tell him what you've done if you want a clear conscience. Things is it will be second hand to him and things like that often are broken. I would just try and glue it and see how that goes.

This is a common fault on B6 A/S4 variants and known to Audi UK.

I would suggest to the seller that he / she can take it to Audi and they will change it under warranty, or they can wait for you to do it. If your dealer doesn't have the part in they are normially in stock centrally, will have it by the next day and take 1-2 'Audi' hours to fit.

[ QUOTE ]

Just opened the glovebox to take out various CDs etc and the bloody think has snapped on the hinge on the left hand side!

[/ QUOTE ]

My sodding glovebox did that last week. Cheap german tat eh! Grrr.

[/and relax]

The lock broke on the glovebox on my less than 2 years old S4 2 days before I was going to p/x it.

Fortunately I had a spare glovebox in the garage so I was able to open the glovebox (by removing the dashboard end panel and pressing the locking bar), take the glovebox off the car and swap the locks over (I had to "attack" the broken lock in order to remove the lock barrel).

The gloveboxe mechanism is just not strong enough for normal waer & tear on a B6 A4/S4 - and since the design doesn't appear to have changed I suspect also on B7 A4/S4/RS4.

garghhhhhh... this has just happened to me this morning.. exact same thing. I was taking out my Ipod and heading for the train when the left hand hinge broke.

Luckily it's in for a service tomorrow, so the stealers can look at it then.