Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazza_g

Brand new chav'd S8

21 posts in this topic

grin.gif On the M3 southbound this morning - looking fecking cool in black.....were it not for the fact it had its front fogs on in broad daylight - no headlights on smashfreakB.gif

grin.gif Saying that, those wide thin bright white LED fogs do look pretty cool yelrotflmao.gif

I think you might find that they are DRL (Daytime Running Lights) and not fog lights Bazza.

Still look chavvy though don't they? I think so anyway, and I bet you don't put yours on, do you?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you might find that they are DRL (Daytime Running Lights) and not fog lights Bazza.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif well they are in the right place for foglights, on during the day like foglights, bright like foglights...... jump.gif

And fog lights only work if the headlights are on - so they aren't foglights tongue.gif

Driving lights then.

Or as Robin calls them, rain lights. yelrotflmao.gifEEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

And fog lights only work if the headlights are on - so they aren't foglights tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I thought the fogs would work with just the sidelights on? Or do the chav's rewire something in the electrics? tongue.gifjump.gif

th es6 and s8 running lights are on the whole time (5 bright leds each side signifying 10 cylinders) - don't think you can turn them off. Therefore if you don't want to be a chav don't buy one!

[ QUOTE ]

th es6 and s8 running lights are on the whole time (5 bright leds each side signifying 10 cylinders) - don't think you can turn them off. Therefore if you don't want to be a chav don't buy one!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can turn them off using the MMI, but with the number of plonkers that pull out on you because they aren't looking in their mirrors properly, they're not a bad idea. Big campaign in Germany at the moment for all cars to run with their lights on in rural areas and autobahns. They reckon in the areas they've trialled it that the accident rate is down 40%.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like them.

Something we are going to see as more common place on UK roads, and is likely to become law.

I recall reading in the past somewhere that the new golf's headlights come on automatically at 86mph for the same reasons.. or something... was that true, or did I dream it, and do new Audis do that? Of course, we're all law abiding and I wouldn't expect most of us to have experienced such speeds... bla bla bla.. ;-)

Yep. Apparently, Red Robin has had his GTI rewired slightly, so his foglights automatically come on at 56mph... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Saying that, those wide thin bright white LED fogs do look pretty cool yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case it was an S6; the S8 has the same 5-point 'star' LED formation in the main headlight cluster as the W12.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Saying that, those wide thin bright white LED fogs do look pretty cool yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case it was an S6; the S8 has the same 5-point 'star' LED formation in the main headlight cluster as the W12.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif oooops, yup - have just checked on the Audi site for pics and it was indeed an S6 - though I must say it looked big, and saw the V10 badge - added 3+3 to make 8 you could say 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif now we've got that sorted out - are the DRL's the foglights? In the pics on the Audi website I couldn't see seperate foglamps?

The C6 S6 is about half-way in size between the C5 A6 and A8 IIRC, so yes they do look pretty fecking big!

I don't know about the fogs, to be honest. The S8 has traditional fogs, but you're right, I can't recall ever seeing fog lamps on an S6, just the LED strip.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't recall ever seeing fog lamps on an S6, just the LED strip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but they don't seem to be bright enough to be fog lights, unless they have 2 different power settings.

IMG_2406_Medium.jpg

I saw a proper Audi S8 in Shrewsbury town centre at lunchtime today, it looked huuuuuge and very very shiny. Brand new (obviously) in silver, I spotted the wheels first, then the discrete v10 badging on the front wings, then as I walked past the front of the car, the massive chrome grille grin.gif

Should have grabbed a pic but had my hands full with the lunch order for work smashfreakB.gif