golf value?

sparkzz

Hi

I went to the stealers this weekend, and asked for a trade in price on my car and was so shocked when he came to me with a price of £12k!!!! and was wandering if someone can give what they reckon on the value on my GTi...

Its a 55 plate sept 2005 on 13,000, full dealer SH in imaculate condition..

has:

xenons

full leather

DSG

folding mirros/area lighting

heated seats

centre armrest

17" alloys

climate air con

built in parrott handsfree bluetooth

pics here --->> pic 1

pic 2

how much in trade in and also private sale on autotrader, what price should i be looking at?

cheers in advance!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to ford just before christmas and test drove the st focus my car was 8 months old and they offered me 12k... ha ha ha yeh right whatever, alls they will do is stick it up at 18-19k do these people really think we do no research and are this stupid.

Man that makes my blood boil !!!!!!!! feckin insulting to say the least!

I would have laughed in his face and walked out.

Leather, xenons & DSG is a good spec. Was it around £23k new?

If so i'd be looking to do a deal @ around £17k-£18k privately 169144-ok.gif

PS: Next time ask him to show you the figures from Glass's. Then get him to explain why he is coming in £6k under! Not being funny mate, but he couldn't have valued your custom that much could he?

Secondhand carmarket for nearly new cars at least in the North is not great, main reason is people will rather pay the extra for a new model and of cause the exact spec they want. They also think they know what there getting then and have more security.

It's plain to see thats the case on this forum too, as you often see people waiting many many months for a new car when dealers have ample supple of nearly new on the forcourt, The GTI and R32 are prime examples of this.

At the end of the day the dealer has a right to offer what he wants as he will then have to dispose of the car etc. What you often find is if its a model the dealer does not want, or deal in, may find hard to sell quickly, or has plenty already then they will offer loads less than its market value just because they don't want the hassle.

We have done that in the past when we were trading, and also advised at the time the owner would be better to sell it private, but if they pushed for a part ex price they got a low one.

[ QUOTE ]

They also think they know what there getting then and have more security.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dont have any more security - they THINK they do - but if the car is in warranty - they dont. buying a used car from a dealer gets you nothing. In fact I had to threaten legal action against a well known VW garage after they got an MOT on a car with a buldge in the tyre, and had to admit that whilst they had stamped the service book, they hadnt actually serviced it...