golf value?

sparkzz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

What you often find is if its a model the dealer does not want, or deal in, may find hard to sell quickly, or has plenty already then they will offer loads less than its market value just because they don't want the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, when i got shot of my 3 series sport. Those buyers that had stock offered me around £17k as although they liked it, clearly weren't that fussed about having another one on the front- on the other hand, those that wanted it were coming in around £22k and wouldn't stop hounding me. It was a £26k car new and 5 months old come resale. 169144-ok.gif

They are selling for good money in the classifieds TBH, and they do seem to be disappearing week on week. Patience pays dividends.

[ QUOTE ]

I also wonder what the CAP book says.

[/ QUOTE ]

We use GLASSES guide at work, and I have checked it this morning and the GOLF GTI isnt even in there!!! But I know that it is worth far more than the £12000 that the dealer quoted you - hence why more and more people are using independant and family run businesses, beacuse we want your business, and provide a 'service' which the main delaers seem to be lacking in 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Its a 55 plate sept 2005 on 13,000, full dealer SH in imaculate condition..

has:

xenons

full leather

DSG

folding mirros/area lighting

heated seats

centre armrest

17" alloys

climate air con

built in parrott handsfree bluetooth

pics here --->> pic 1

pic 2

[/ QUOTE ]

This is prob going to be a HUGE doh!! smashfreakB.gif moment by me due to no sleep and a deadline to meet but theres a few things not quite right in the pics to me that don't seem to tally with the age/month of the car confused.gif Im confused.

I wonder if anyone else spots them wink.gif

Was the car an import or uk dealer showroom car maybe?

As said could just be a huge doh!! moment by me, though.

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MY06 cars start in April 06... (not 05 as you've put). The reason I think this is correct is that I have one of the first MY06 cars with silver radio buttons, dark headline etc, which I collected on May 6th 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you have an MY07 car. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MY06 cars start in April 06... (not 05 as you've put). The reason I think this is correct is that I have one of the first MY06 cars with silver radio buttons, dark headline etc, which I collected on May 6th 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

surely a car collected in May06 would be an 06 car, not an 07. deliveries from july 06 woul dlikely be MY07

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

surely a car collected in May06 would be an 06 car, not an 07. deliveries from july 06 woul dlikely be MY07

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its crazy, but I bought a mkv gti 05/09/2005 and it is an MY06 car. Had the manufactures MY06 model changes to it and specifications.

[ QUOTE ]

MY06 orders started 29 April 2005 first MY06 cars started arriving at dealers about second week June 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MY06 cars start in April 06... (not 05 as you've put). The reason I think this is correct is that I have one of the first MY06 cars with silver radio button, dark headline etc, which I collected on May 6th 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

MY06 started order April 2005 ---> arrived mid June.

MY07 started order April 2006 ---> arrived around start June.

check your VIN to see what model year it is its the tenth diget either a 6 or 7.

Yours sounds like it maybe a MY07 as it has the silver radio buttons (not knobs but buttons), maybe also Green tinted glass instead of Blue? etc, yours sound like it maybe a very early MY07 as my local dealers did not get to see MY07s till start June this year.

The Model year MY things is a bit confusing at times.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

MY06 orders started 29 April 2005 first MY06 cars started arriving at dealers about second week June 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MY06 cars start in April 06... (not 05 as you've put). The reason I think this is correct is that I have one of the first MY06 cars with silver radio button, dark headline etc, which I collected on May 6th 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

MY06 started order April 2005

MY07 started order April 2006

check your VIN to see what model year it is its the tenth diget either a 6 or 7.

Yours sounds like it may be a MY07 as it has the silver radio buttons (not knobs but buttons), maybe also Green tinted glass instead of Blue? etc, yours sound like it maybe a very early MY07 as my local dealers did not get to see MY07s till start June this year.

MY things is a bit confusing at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

I ordered my car on 1st April 06. It was delivered 7th May 06. on 29 April 06, during the time my car was on order, the MY2006 was announced and my car includes those changes - green tint, etc as this was changed before my car was built. My Vin no is 06. Sorry, but I'm not confused, I think you are. MY06 began in April 06, not 05. Although I do believe MY07 is already announced, meaning MY06 may only last a few months...