Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hopsta

8P - Audi S3

61 posts in this topic

One thing tho'

how do i get the fecking sat nav DVD out?

I've opened the flap and pressed eject - nothing happens?

Nice-car!

Seems like everyone is going for the Aluminium inlays....so far I think I 'm the only one who's speccing Piano Black! blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Nice-car!

Seems like everyone is going for the Aluminium inlays....so far I think I 'm the only one who's speccing Piano Black! blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pictures of piano black in S3

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Nice-car!

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pictures of piano black in S3

[/ QUOTE ]

The demo one I had back in Nov had the Piano black inlays, only 1 picture hsowed them properly which is attached. I found it really showed up the marks badly.

1037513-INT.jpg

AZ

post-137-137914386427_thumb.jpg

I have Piano black inlays in my car and I wouldnt spec them again. Ther mark incredibly easily, even just using soft cleaning towels they mark after a while. They do look much better than the aluminium but just arent practicle.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice-car!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, I also speced it. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have Piano black inlays in my car and I wouldnt spec them again. Ther mark incredibly easily, even just using soft cleaning towels they mark after a while. They do look much better than the aluminium but just arent practicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had piano black inlays in my ol S3. Can't say I had a problem with them marking. Mmmmm.

[ QUOTE ]

Excellent, let us know what you think of it in the A3/S3 forum. 169144-ok.gif

That's 3 Phantom Black's on here now IIRC. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There'll be a Silver one here very soon.....

Silver will be sweet, looking at the official release shots

I only went for the silver inlays because it matches the rest of the cabin and blends really well

Please be aware :

Bulletin due to be issued to Audi Centres

We have become aware of an issue with the Registration Document for S3 models

where the incorrect model name is shown on the V5.

Due to a processing error at the DVLA, S3 models are being shown as ‘A3 2.0TFSI quattro’ when

the V5 Registration document is received by the Customer through the post.

The DVLA are aware of the error and have informed us that any incorrect Registration Documents

can be returned to the DVLA where they will be corrected and re-issued. Vehicles registered after 1st March 2007 should not be affected by this issue as the DVLA

systems have now been corrected.

Yup, speak to your Dealer and they will provide you with a suggested Covering letter to go with your V5 when you send it back smile.gif

My dealer just let me know that a letter is in the post.

hello smile.gif

i'm Andrew and i'm a future defector from the gti forum. i've had the gti for a year now but had an unquenchable desire for an s3 last week. after a test drive (which was blighted by a pensioner doing 25mph in an old micra for half the trip sportifs2.gif) i knew i had to have one. obviously it'll be hard accepting the step down in performance from the gti wink.gif but i'll cope, somehow. so i'm now waiting until june(/july?) for my sprint blue to arrive.

so while i'm waiting (SAUER0421.GIF) i'm looking forward to the info and banter beerchug.gif

drove mark 5 gti for a year, loved it drove A3 2.0 tfsi S/line for a year, hated it.

tested a s3 and r32 the r32 kills it dead for driver experience if you think otherwise your a badge snob or stuck in your own anus....

Welcome poobarr - thanks for your comments!

Funnily when it came to parting with my cash the S3 covered more bases - no badge snobbery, as speccing an R32 up with leather and some of the other toys soon brought it up to £28k. I paid a little more for the S3, but it's quicker, more responsive, doesn't understeer any where near as much, is a tax bracket below, less thirsty, ohh and the insurance was nearly a £100 cheaper a year......

The only thing the R32 offered that was better was a sweeter exhaust note.

You sure you've driven both these cars?

ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

drove mark 5 gti for a year, loved it drove A3 2.0 tfsi S/line for a year, hated it.

tested a s3 and r32 the r32 kills it dead for driver experience if you think otherwise your a badge snob or stuck in your own anus....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the VW & Audi dealers allow your guide dog into the car?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the VW & Audi dealers allow your guide dog into the car during the test drives?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the VW & Audi dealers allow your guide dog into the car during the test drives?

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

I think I read about this guy in the paper. He walked in and started spinning his guide dog around above his head. When asked what he was doing he said... I am looking around tongue.gif

AZ

[quote

I think I read about this guy in the paper. He walked in and started spinning his guide dog around above his head. When asked what he was doing he said... I am looking around tongue.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic - what a lovely insightful post he offered though!

suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My badge snob? I don't own a badge snob. Oh, you mean 'you're' ROLLEY~14.GIF

Anyway, people like different cars for different reasons, deal with it. coffee.gif

I am happy to 'deal' with it, just like you like a car because you want too not based on its merits.

Facts; The S3 has loads of lag, inert and dead steering particularly about the middle position, too high a driving position but i agree it looks good. So if you are buying for aesthetics and out-right speed then go for the Audi. Have i driven both, yes on road and track and i have no agenda in fact i would have rather bought the Audi (for its looks) but golf is the better set up.

Looking forward to more spaswit blinkered Audi propaganda.... sorry comments.

Poobarr, please refrain from the insults, I'm sure you can discuss this sensibly without them.