2006 GTI Orders Fulfilled

Oli

I have just had a call from my VW contact stating that nearly all this years allocation of GTI's have been sold and they will, apparently, be closing the order book, on the GTI, very shortly, which is good news for those of us that already own one as it will keep prices high, but if you want to order one it is tough luck!!

The R32 is similar and apparently if you order one now, the order process will not even be started until early 2007!!

DSG is an even bigger problem, and DSG, in any model, is going to be March next year, at the earliest.

This was released by VW UK today and apparently all dealers will know within a few days 169144-ok.gif

Bugger me sideways! frown.gif

Like I posted elsewhere, I've ordered with a VW dealer back in June, and after phoning VW last week, it appears I'm not on the system yet, I'm still at the dealers paperwork stage, 'cos they didn't have any allocation to order GTIs. VW say that all allocation for the UK is gone for this quarter, and my dealer can't put an order in for GTIs until the new quarter (1st September - tomorrow) VW are taking an interest in it, as my deposit was taken of me in June, and still no motor... VW HQ are calling me back next week with info.

Dealer reckons GTI will arrive in November, but I told them I want it in January now, so that it'll hopefully have LED rear lights, and be a "year younger"

If the news you report is correct, then the DSG GTI I've ordered won't be with me for agessss? If at all?

frown.gif

I sometimes find it a bit tricky to understand supply & demand. crazy.gif

So VW produce a cracking model that people actually want to own and drive and even a couple of years after launch cannot meet demand...even after cutting out several models within the Golf range and axing jobs.

With talk of closing order books and the like...hard to believe really - it's a Golf for feck sake not tickets to the moon! sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I sometimes find it a bit tricky to understand supply & demand. crazy.gif

So VW produce a cracking model that people actually want to own and drive and even a couple of years after launch cannot meet demand...even after cutting out several models within the Golf range and axing jobs.

With talk of closing order books and the like...hard to believe really - it's a Golf for feck sake not tickets to the moon! sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No they deliberately dont want to meet demand, to keep the prices up! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have just had a call from my VW contact stating that nearly all this years allocation of GTI's have been sold and they will, apparently, be closing the order book, on the GTI, very shortly, which is good news for those of us that already own one as it will keep prices high, but if you want to order one it is tough luck!!

The R32 is similar and apparently if you order one now, the order process will not even be started until early 2007!!

DSG is an even bigger problem, and DSG, in any model, is going to be March next year, at the earliest.

This was released by VW UK today and apparently all dealers will know within a few days 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] phew, Thank god mines at port awaiting ship!!!!! maybe another week or 2 to wait aint so bad after all. jump.gif

Hi I'm new, but been watching here for a long time.

We are waiting to put an order in for a new GTi however I'm keen too see what the 30th Anni looks like, if it appears at all.

This news is both good and bad I guess, but it does confirm we'd be better off getting a GTi than a Type-R if they are building them in less numbers to keep re-sale higher.

Will just wait till Paris show then make a decision I think.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

All this talk of keeping prices high is doing my head in. Cant sell mine for £17,000 to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

A mate sent me a link to a year old GTI in Dunstable, 26,000 miles, red 5dr with no options at all and that was up for £18k shocked.gif

This thread is reinforcing why I went for the GTI over the ST! For a private user it's really a no-brainer imo. Also good news for me as I maybe getting a job in the city and therefore won't be using my GTI much and therefore frown.gif

Can't see prices staying high for long, there are over 200 GTI's for sale on Autotrader and 180+ for sale at dealers although there are bound to be some the same as dealers advertise on Autotrader.

I know there are two for sale at a dealer near me and they have been sitting there for at least a month.

So true theres loads out there for sale and the spec varies alot as i have said in the past extras don't add secondhand value they just make the car easier to sell.

VW have tried the old BMW trick of restricting new supply and try and keep as many secondhand ones in the dealership network to keep secondhand prices inflated. (private sellers often look at dealer prices to gauge there secondhand cars values)

Its been very sucsessfull upto now.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

All this talk of keeping prices high is doing my head in. Cant sell mine for £17,000 to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

A mate sent me a link to a year old GTI in Dunstable, 26,000 miles, red 5dr with no options at all and that was up for £18k shocked.gif

This thread is reinforcing why I went for the GTI over the ST! For a private user it's really a no-brainer imo. Also good news for me as I maybe getting a job in the city and therefore won't be using my GTI much and therefore frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can put a car up for whatever you like, selling it is another story.

I agree and if you have a common version for example a Red 3door GTI as theres loads of them for sale with different specs then theres more choice for people to buy its far harder to sell.

Theres so much choice out there for secondhand private GTIs imo its a buyers market at the moment,

Another problem of cause that secondhand sellers face is that often people can get an import for very little more and so they pay the extra £1000 or so and get an import as they think they know the cars history, how its been treated and get the new car feeling.

I could have bought an import or the 6 month example i did buy (import prob £1000 more) but prefered the idea of a uk car with 3 year warranty. Didnt like everyone telling me they give 20% less trade in time for non uk car. Many people still wont touch imports im afraid- i almost did but felt safer with the one i got

[ QUOTE ]

I could have bought an import or the 6 month example i did buy (import prob £1000 more) but prefered the idea of a uk car with 3 year warranty. Didnt like everyone telling me they give 20% less trade in time for non uk car. Many people still wont touch imports im afraid- i almost did but felt safer with the one i got

[/ QUOTE ]

Very little trade in difference on imports now, and as they are so common, you are actually seeing main dealers selling them 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Cant sell mine for £17,000 to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

May i ask the month/year/MY, 3door or 5 door model, spec, colour, miles etc?

2005 54 plates around 15K-£15500 private, upto a 2006 06 plates at around £18500

Have you had many people phone up about it, been to see it etc, im wondering if its supply is exceding demand or no disrespect ment but its a selling/presentation thing.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cant sell mine for £17,000 to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

May i ask the month/year/MY, 3door or 5 door model, spec, colour, miles etc?

2005 54 plates around 15K-£15500 private, upto a 2006 06 plates at around £18500

Have you had many people phone up about it, been to see it etc, im wondering if its supply is exceding demand or no disrespect ment but its a selling/presentation thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sold mine today. 06 DSG 5dr, Import but bought from UK VW Dealer in March for £23995 (cost new UK price = £26050)

Sale price = £19000 - whether you think that price is good or bad is up to the individual really - I done over 6000 miles in the time that I owned the car so around 84p per mile + fuel - I think that is pretty good.