Are we still waiting for the best from x-box 360?

Dave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, this should be on CPU, or at least in the Gamesroom on TSN smashfreakB.gif

Theres only ever a handful of killer titles on any console. The multi-core side of the 360 is a big leap from previous generations of console, as well as the fact that all the big devs are more into Sony than Microsoft (due to the number of consoles sold).

The 360 is really beginning to hot up at the moment, theres loads of games i want to buy, and theres sooo much on the horizon.

Have faith....

Dave, the PS2 launched with some quality games, but even now, better games have come out that push the PS2 to the limits. Give the developers time to realise what they can do with the 360. You've certainly not seen it as its best yet! 169144-ok.gif

It will be the same for the PS3, when it comes out the games will be good, but it will get better.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but as always PS-3 will launch with games!

[/ QUOTE ]

If they PS3 had released when Sony originally said, it would have the same problems as the 360 had at launch. Many devs will have had the dev kits for nearly a year by launch date, so i would expect some pretty good games.

Other than GT-HD, theres nowt in the launch lineup that remotely interests me.

GT HD is only a minor update anyway I thought. The full new game will not be out for a while. So yes updated graphics but no online play damage, or have I got that wrong.

But as you say I don't think I will be getting one either. Got my eye on a 360 in the run up to Christmas. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but as always PS-3 will launch with games!

[/ QUOTE ]

If they PS3 had released when Sony originally said, it would have the same problems as the 360 had at launch. Many devs will have had the dev kits for nearly a year by launch date, so i would expect some pretty good games.

Other than GT-HD, theres nowt in the launch lineup that remotely interests me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should hope so too nothing like a second rate machine not ready for the market. The original X-Box was almost upto speed then MS had to launch 360 earlier to try and get a jump on Sony.

I want to get a PS3, but I didn't get mine name down in time. Plus the cost is higher than I'm willing to pay and I don't want to get 3 titles that I simply won't play on some of the bundled deals.

PS3 does indeed look like a great piece of kit, but limited supply for many months after its lauched will hold me back I think.

I actually think MS would have dropped the price of the 360 if the PS3 wasn't so expensive, with it costing so much more they don't have any major cost pressures IMO really at the moment at least. Forza, PGR etc. will get me buying an XBOX... and I never thought I'd say that. I can always get a PS3 when everything settles down mid next year. grin.gif

Preorders haven't technically been opened yet. Only Play.com did. Titles won't be forced on you at launch. Machine prices are approx £390 and we're not being offered the cheaper model in the UK.

You need to remember that the PS3 does a lot more than just play games - it's true potential won't be released immediately, but will come into its own over time as they add more kit. Much like all the add-ons coming out for the PSP next month.

169144-ok.gif

Yes, the PSP is PS3 and in some cases, PS2 compatiable. Outrun 2006 will currently connect to a PS2 running the same game, and using the Sony LocationFree unit (that lets you steam your MP3s/Videos to your PSP whereever you are).

The PSP was designed with the PS3 in mind - and there's a lot of kit for the two machines to come out.

It will be good! sekret.gif