16th Sept invites

lottiefox

Official launch of the new TT on the 16th - I've been invited by Beechwood Audi for a test drive that day, and Listers are having an official launch evening on the 15th and arranging test drives after that date. grin.gif

Anyone else been sent stuff by their dealer?

Can't afford to change yet plus I want the faster one that will come out with Quattro!! 169144-ok.gif

But always nice to have an evening with Shorty and some new cars. cool.gif

Yup, had my invite the other day jump.gif

Am going along to my local dealer (wolverhampton) with my old man all being well, he's just as car mad as me, now if I could just persuade him to use his Accord Type-S as part exchange on one....... hmmmmm yelrotflmao.gif

Will be a while before I order a new TT sadly, still enjoying my GTi and I have house purchase commitments and a new business underway, maybe not such a good idea to attend this launch fekr.gif

Which version you waiting for then Lottie?

[ QUOTE ]

Official launch of the new TT on the 16th - I've been invited by Beechwood Audi for a test drive that day, and Listers are having an official launch evening on the 15th and arranging test drives after that date. grin.gif

Anyone else been sent stuff by their dealer?

Can't afford to change yet plus I want the faster one that will come out with Quattro!! 169144-ok.gif

But always nice to have an evening with Shorty and some new cars. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I had two invites from Beechwood, but I can't go, I'm at work all weekend.

That's why I've just been there to have a sneak preview & play! grin.gifcool.gif

Hi all. I work for Listers Stratford upon Avon Audi. Our launch evening is Friday the 15th. 7.30 kickoff. All are welcome! We will not be road demonstrating the car on this evening, but I can show you the car in detail, and certainly organise a test drive at a later stage. Respond by IM, and ill slot you in.... smile.gif

I attended Yorks bash last night. They had three 3.2 Mk2s in the showroom. Condor Grey with Mineral, Black with Black and Silver with Red. The car looks very nice but the showroom lighting didnt do it any favours. Prehaps I have been looking at to many pictures of the car, because it didnt have the impact I was expecting and left feeling disapointed in the car. The interior is great, but not as roomy as I was expecting.

I now know that I have done exactly the right thing in cancelling my order and buying the Z4. I will be buying a TT, but it will be a roadster with the FSi 3.2.

I'm getting a TTR too and wouldn't mind a bit more go than the 3.2 has. Unfortunately the market seems to have no idea whether it will be 3.2FSI, a 3.6, the S3's 2.0 turbo or even a 2.5 five cylinder turbo. Whatever, if I want a car for next summer I'm sure that it will need to be a 3.2.

I wandered past my local (which is now in Green Park London) and they have a red one in there - couldn't see if it was a 3.2 or a 2.0 but I will wander don there sometime and see how snobbish they are!

I just read the review in this weeks Autocar - seems the 3.2 is lacking a little and the following words summed up the review for me (although I do like this car a lot)-

"its predominantly a front wheel drive hatchback"

Not nice words I feel!

Tone