Silverstone Track Day + F1 Testing - 10th Oct

Mook

Open pit lane (go on track whenever you want through the day) track day at Silverstone on 10th October.

International or National circuit (not the full F1 circuit, but still takes in Copse, Luffield and Woodcote).

105 dB noise limit

£109.00(Morning Session)

£119.00(Afternoon Session)

£189.00(All Day)

Link to circuit days web site here...

Note from the Circuit Days page: PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE OFFICIAL FIA FORMULA 1 TESTING ON WEDNESDAY 11TH AND THURSDAY 12TH OF OCTOBER. MOST OF THE F1 TEAMS WILL BE SETTING UP THROUGHOUT THE TUESDAY. CARS WILL BE READIED, ENGINES RAN, ETC SO MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR CAMERA, AUTOGRAPH BOOK AND MAYBE SOME EARPLUGS.

ALSO NOTE SPECTATING ON WED 11 AND THU 12 IS FREE OF CHARGE FOR ALL TUE 10 TRACKDAY ATTENDEES

If you've booked:

Mook (Mk4 R32) + 1 (DJ Firecat) + 1 (996 Turbo)

Pincher (Mk4 R32) + 1 (Cayman S)

beerchug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Simon, I'll be parked on the chevrons on top of the A127 pointing towards the M25 North at 6.15am

Plan is to head up the A1M and then go x-country to Silverstone and avoid the roadworks on the M1.

M25 has works at the A10 junction (40 mph through the 2nd tunnel) but at that time of morning, should be relatively OK, fingers crossed.

No guilty parties here but a Caterham/Westie had an unplanned meeting with the pitlane wall after about 15 minutes of the 1st session, a Peugeot 307 (suspected hire car) ended up in the kitty litter approaching Nuffield (I think) and an XR2 and a Pug 205 (or maybe a 306) made 'contact'. Various spins round Copse when it was wet.

Very wet early on and too many cars for the National Circuit. Was better once it dried out though. Still too many cars for the length of circuit though. And the multitude of red-flagged sessions became a little irritating.

The FIA European GT3 championship winning car, run by TechArt was a bit on the quick side though.

A few years back I repeatedly touched 110, lap after lap, in a de-cat [but otherwise stock Elise S1], nudging the limiter in fourth, hood down, two up. With the standard gearbox ratios [and not the 135 set-up], fifth was not worthwhile.

Ian

Club Straight I got to 120ish and down the pit straight, about 110ish - all in the dry.

Too anxious to be looking at the times in the damp NONO3.GIF

Slippery as hell, as Chris says, sooooo many cars spinning and going off and far, far too many cars at once, pretty poor track discipline as well, so bad the organisers had to 'ave a word' with the whole group.....

Glad it dried out at the end though.