R32's in the uk with around 400 bhp or more

Roughnec

Im interested to kno how many other enthusiasts are out there with a fair bit of bhp under their bonnet.

Also im wondering if any have sum pics/videos/ feedback on their mod.

My pics:

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/roughnec/?action=view&slideshow=true

I will be making and posting a video today for anyone who wants to see my beast in action!!

- Post plz if you want to see it -

<3

My system:

-FT400

-pss9 bstein kit

-ecs stage 5 brakes

-boot weight reduction

-prolong oil

-shell v-power

-hpa ss + b&m shifter

= 420bhp !!

- The thrill and fun of driving the FT400 outweighs the costs of the upgrade

- The reliability and drivability is NOT reduced

- Any problems you experience in the future will be covered by vagtech with 1-3 year warranty

- The Hpa system is designed for extreme performance, do not expect much to keep up with you

-Supercharger(vorgtech) and natural aspiration (AMD) are obsolete, if you dont beleive me, we need to meet!

MK4LIFE!!! jump.gif

9k + 17k for 2nd hand R32 = £26k for something I'm sure would worry most 911 Turbos, BMW M3s, Ferrari 355s. Ok its not as prestigious as these but bet its more fun as less worried about pushing it to its limits. Be interesting to see how reliable these kits are over prolonged abuse. Keep us posted, Roughnec.

[ QUOTE ]

The company is called vagtech,

they are the sole uk distributor of hpa products and are the only ones qualified to install the turbo conversions.

They can be found at www.vagtech.co.uk

From bluewater, its about an hour and a half smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live near bluewater then? Fancy bringing the R along to an Essex meet sometime so I can take a look?! 169144-ok.gif

I totally agree. Although M3's have been absolutely no challenge atall.. im still running the turbo in.

Im Dartford area, so its no problem. I think theres a lad in sevenoaks too. I think a meeting wud b cool. Whens the last time there was one?? and where was it

You go to bigboystoys often?? Theres a go-kart track there smile.gif perhaps a r32 meeting for Go Karting for kentish lads!

[ QUOTE ]

I think theres a lad in sevenoaks too. I think a meeting wud b cool. Whens the last time there was one?? and where was it

You go to bigboystoys often?? Theres a go-kart track there smile.gif perhaps a r32 meeting for Go Karting for kentish lads!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, thats me!!! I'm up for anything, There is a Phad Dubs meet at bluewater every so often so i'll give you a shout next time I go. I'd love to have a little blast in your weapon beerchug.gif

Thinking about this... Did you have the Revo, cams etc fitted at BBT's? If you are the R32 owner I’m thinking of Chris did mention you, you always had everything (e.g cams etc) fitted just before me. Some time ago they did mention that you were going to have a turbo fitted! Now I know! I actually thought you’d done the turbo ages ago….

Also, where have your cams gone? Were you able to leave them in or not?

[ QUOTE ]

Be interesting to see how reliable these kits are over prolonged abuse. Keep us posted, Roughnec.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my worry, can't see the clutch lasting long, and i'm sure those cast conrods and crank will be taking a fair beating @ 6000rpm.

Do you have plans for additional mods? What do HPA say about the strength on the stock engine bits? Is there a piggyback controller used for the turbo gubbins'?

Ok, bluewater meet sounds cool smile.gif

The cams are high end, unfortunately ,the mapping requires you to keep the stocks in

All considerations made by hpa mean all parts can remain stock apart from the clutch. That can handle up to around 400-450bhp but once heated the arms can stick. I have the lightweight fidenza flywheel which is not really the best combo for this upgrade. I will be upgrading the clutch and flywheel , chris from bigboystoys mentioned a nice one.

http://www.bigboystoys-uk.com/

I was that man indeed, soz i kept beating u to the parts wink.gif

Rs4 is definately beatable, but im yet to meet one.

My plans are for the 450 and eventually the bi turbo once they design the second turbo round the right hand steering column

With the utmost respect, driving like that on the public roads is just a plain stupid. You have a great car yet you're dicing with the law by driving at these speeds on the public roads. Don’t you think it would be better to test it out on the track and show us what it can really do there?

Your approach speed to a blind crest was lunacy as you could not predict what was beyond it, plus you fly past about 3 junctions without proper road positioning to see if any cars will emerge.

Like I say you have a fantastic car, but with increased performance should come increased responsibility and if you don’t get pulled by the police, you'll end up wiping yourself or someone else out.

Enjoy the car by all means, but please take some driver training so that you can fully explore your car on a track!

Thanks for the warning , but with over 20 years experience on these exact roads, i know exactly what to do on them and how to appraoch them.

Police? LOL I wish they were around.. perhaps they cud catch the pple who nick my bikes...

Brands hatch is metres away, so that request wont be a problem.