Followers 0
Oli

MY CAR HAS JUST BEEN STOLEN - BLACK GTI - S8SOH

171 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

They have already lodged the claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least that is something positive 169144-ok.gif

Oli, have the police advised you to get the house locks changed as a matter of priority? Do it - do it quickly. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oli, have the police advised you to get the house locks changed as a matter of priority? Do it - do it quickly. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his statement "Oh and my house keys, which the lock centre have just been out and changed" suggests that that matter has been taken care of.

Unbelievable! I can't believe they left your keys in the car, they may as well have just left them in the ignition with the engine running. smashfreakB.gif

At least as others have said your car is distinctive and if the police do find it then there shouldn't be any damage to it.

Gutted for you. I'd be going mental at the tyre place.

Oh man

My thoughts just echo everyone elses really. Gutted for you.

Can't believe that anyone would leave a car like that (or any car) outside with the keys in. Incredible. mad.gif

Just a thought, but do you know these tyre people well, Oli? Could it be an 'inside' job? It just seems so very stupid of them that it's hardly likely.

[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought, but do you know these tyre people well, Oli? Could it be an 'inside' job? It just seems so very stupid of them that it's hardly likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. crazy.gif

You don't leave any car, let alone one like yours unlocked with the keys in the cabin.....fecking rediculous!!! NONO3.GIF

Doesn't sound right but whos to know eh? It's unbelievable what some muppets will do.ROLLEY~14.GIF

Holy f'kn smoke... How incompetent is that... Hope its not some snotty little oik who works there having a laugh at your expense.

Hope it all works out for yer

sh1t. that is not good. hope you get a decent end to this story Oli.....

I assume you're on a traders policy Oli. It still seems wrong that your insurance may have to cough up given the incompetence of the tyre supliers....surely they also have a traders policy they can claim on?

As you point out, you just don't need this additional complication. Hope it works out ok in the long run.....new tyre supplier perhaps? frown.gif

Having experienced something like this a long, long time ago. The outcome then was an 'inside job' A phone call from a worker to a 'mate'. Car keys hidden, car disappeared.

Well, if you are claiming off their company insurance and you have legal protection on your car insurance, then a high performance motor will be provided very quickly in the interim.

Distance yourself from your stolen car. Very hard to do. Time to make sure that you are handsomely compensated for your loss.

You took you car for new tyres, car left in trust. Tyre dealer was complacent with the keys. Your car was stolen, you are at a loss without your GTI. Insurance compensates. Make sure you make a good 'case' though!

Oli, what can I say mate ?

Remember you coming newly onto the GTI forum, and being over the moon with the new steed.

Really gutted for you mate.

Hope it works out how you want, and keep yer chin up !

[ QUOTE ]

I assume you're on a traders policy Oli. It still seems wrong that your insurance may have to cough up given the incompetence of the tyre supliers....

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be claimed under their trade policy, and yes in the morning i will be hiring an equivalent car and they will be paying for it. I have just worked out a list of the mods at retail value and it is nearly £5000!, and thats without the contents of the car etc etc

Oli. Are you suspicious, do you think it's an "inside job" ? Seems far too convenient a theft? Gutted for you, I'd be livid myself. SAUER0421.GIF TP.

Glad to hear it's on their head Oli. It does sound a little suspect to me.

Make sure you get every penny out of them. And then sue them for some more.

Hope you get things sorted mate 169144-ok.gif

Oli, really Sorry to hear this has happened. Hope it all works itself out in the end.

I would tend to think there is more to this then a scumbag just randomly walking up and finding your car unlocked and making off with it. I had a similar issue with a tyre fitters some time back - not having a car stolen but my car was broken into.

Basically I left me car into the fitters that is on same road as where my office is and coincidentally that night, whilst I was working late, the car was broken into and they went straight for my boot and took a drill and some tools I had in there - just too coincidental for me. I talked to local police and only thing they could ask was if there was CCTV, and if not then nothing can be proved.

Anyway, this is all not much help to you but hope you get sorted and the scum gets rumbled.

Paddy

[ QUOTE ]

So i guess that the tyre company's insurance will have to fork out as they left it unlocked? As i'm sure your insurance won't pay out under the circumstances. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they have no choice but to cough up i would think. Hopefully they will hold their hands up and it will be sorted out quickly. Im guessing though that he will only get the standard value for the car rather than a payout that covers all the mods that he has had done. Hope im wrong but they will no doubt try and get away with paying out as little as possible no doubt SAUER0421.GIF

Any update today Oli ? Hopefully they've found the scumbag that stole it? 169144-ok.gif

I would certainly expect their insurer to take your mods into account. You may need to provide proof though.

It should also take into account any costs incured by yourself (car hire/lock replacement/mobile etc)

I would suggest that if you had £5k worth of mods on the car, you should be looking for around half that from the insurer.