Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eldiablorubino

Order update... it's built!

71 posts in this topic

didn't get round to posting this yesterday, also in the circumstances with Oli's GTI didn't feel appropriate somehow...

Spoke to my dealer yesterday lunchtime (wednesday) and he said that my car was showing as "Build Complete" when he'd looked it up earlier in the morning!

So I should hopefully get it in around two weeks. jump.gif

As a quick update and for those who haven't seen it in my sig etc...

Car ordered 22 June 2006, 3-door GTI, with DSG, 18"s, Xenons, Sat-Nav, iPod and parking sensors. Build completed 12/13 September so 2 months and 21/22 days from point of order...

Hopefully Quasimotos car will be sitting near mine waiting to go on the ship...! Anyone else on build week 37?

Hmm, If that's the wait then it looks like my car will be a bit late.. frown.gif

I ordered mine 27th July, so add about 3 months and 2 weeks to that roughly, going by your timing, ends up just a week into November. Not bad really as I wanted it for the start of November, as my lease car goes back then. Of course that's a very rough estimate but here's hoping they can get it out the door a bit faster than yours..

Anyway - congats on the car.

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

now the sweating and sleepless nights begin... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Let's hope so!!

We all had to suffer, so you have to too! grin.gif

i've been having those for nearly 3 months already...!

since i sold my Lupo GTI in July i've not had any driving joy... frown.gif

2 weeks to go... smile.gif

***UPDATE***

just spoke to my dealer, it is still "Awaiting Ship" frown.gif

it's been sitting fully built for a week now!

just wish it would hurry up! dealer is still confident for delivery second half of next week... 9 sleepless nights to go i reckon... then <?> sleepless nights thinking about it sat outside on the drive not being driven!!! ECLIPSe.gif

Aye mine was awaiting ship for a week , this will also probably mean that it'll be near the front of the ship and hence first on last off, just to make matters worse.

hmmm...

thanks for your kind words of support BLOCK!!!

according to my dealer: "they only ship a limited number of GTIs each week" and he doesn't understand why either!

[ QUOTE ]

hmmm...

thanks for your kind words of support BLOCK!!!

according to my dealer: "they only ship a limited number of GTIs each week" and he doesn't understand why either!

[/ QUOTE ]The good news tho is that once its on ship it'll be at the dealers within the week, or mine was anyhow. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]The good news tho is that once its on ship it'll be at the dealers within the week, or mine was anyhow

[/ QUOTE ]

that's assuming nothing untoward happens on the journey... shocked.gif

just... wish... it... would... hurry... up...!!!

i've told myself all along that i would have it by/on the 29th... hope it is on that ship tomorrow/friday!

does anyone know how the shipping schedule works? what days do they sail etc???

[ QUOTE ]

just... wish... it... would... hurry... up...!!!

i've told myself all along that i would have it by/on the 29th... hope it is on that ship tomorrow/friday!

does anyone know how the shipping schedule works? what days do they sail etc???

[/ QUOTE ]

We've all been there, shouldn't be long now.

You could always go down to Sheerness docks to see if you can spot it on its way in !! grin.gif

see http://www.swale.gov.uk/media/images/sheernesslappelbank%5Flarge%2Ejpg

Still no news on mine.

When built it's got to be delivered to Holland prior to shipping over here.

Reckon the only speed advantage there(other than the universally acknowledged steel grey being fastest colour of course!!)is that mine won't have to wait for the boat to fill with Wolfburg's finest prior to despatch.

Somehow missed your earlier post but how I wish your remark about mine being nearby were true!!

Lucky man! 169144-ok.gif

Well, I'm visiting the VW factory in Germany in early November - I'll look out for it or ask where your car is while I'm over there, Quasi grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm visiting the VW factory in Germany in early November - I'll look out for it or ask where your car is while I'm over there, Quasi grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why not take it for a test run PDI... grin.gif

sekret.gifYou're not supposed to know that!! Quasi's car has been randomly selected for me to test on the Autobahns grin.gif.

further update - according to the dealer this afternoon it is now "on ship"... (exactly 3 months today from the date of order)

jump.gif

I have a GTI on order too - placed 30th June. Was quoted 12 weeks and when I spoke to the dealer on Wednesday was told that mine was about to ship - and expect delivery within 3 weeks. Will contact the dealer next Wednesday (weekly report) for an update. To be honest he never really seems to have a great amout of detail. Was a bit disappointed because the 12 weeks are now up and I really want the car!

A Warm Welcome to TSN, ExPy - I hope you've been lurking here awhile and so have learnt a lot about your GTI before she arrives.

We can hear the suffering in your words - GOOD!!!! You're meant to suffer - We all did!! grin.gif

I'm another with a GTI on order, but just found out that the build week has slipped so I'm not going to be getting on 16th Oct as promised but more likely early Nov. The waiting is going to be agony!!

GREAT!!!! Another sufferer! Don't worry - It's only pain! grin.gif

Oh, by the way grin.gif, A Warm Welcome to TSN - Enjoy 169144-ok.gif.