Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eldiablorubino

Order update... it's built!

71 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Its a shame that GTI doesnt really lend itself to cherished plate...

[/ QUOTE ]

sekret.gifWhy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely a GTI suits itself to a cheerished plate more than most other cars, you get 3 letters at the end of each reg, now I wonder what three letters could go there 169144-ok.gif

Im probably not thinking laterally enough - what plates could i get for it?

Col

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to the dealer after work to see if it was there - he said it was at the service centre awaiting prep - so I went and there it was all black and shiny with its chrome tailpipes glistening. Just need to wipe off the writing from the windows, stick some plates on it and were away. By the way - had a quick word with the dealer about R36's - and he says they will be making one - but approx 2008. Thats about the same time as the MK6 launch - so its a little unclear if it will be a MK5 or MK6 R36. Anyone know any more?

I know just how you feel m8. I went to the dealers on the 15th September just to see if my baby was there. I went round the back and there it was with it's arse facing me, those shiny chrome pipes and I just all of a sudden had this huge grin on my face. I picked her up the next day and Oh.....My.......God..... I was in heaven. I have to be honest, I'm still on cloud nine with it. I love it to bit's!!

Enjoy it mate, I guarantee you will 169144-ok.gif

Mine @ dealers the day I picked her up:

GTI-2-1.jpg

WOW! What a pic! It shows off the GTI front really well. It's a loooong time since my GTI looked so bug 'n insect free!!

[ QUOTE ]

less than half an hour to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear that we'll never see him again... beerchug.gif169144-ok.gif

....You're right, petsy grin.gif. Another one bites the dust (or should I say "bites the tarmac").

Your gonna have one hell of a day, but prepare to be a bit frustrated at not being able to floor it. Unless your just gonna cane it from new!

smile.gif

jump.gif

taking it easy to let things bed in, also it was soaking wet when i picked her up...

update will follow at some point... grin.gifbike.thumb.gifECLIPSe.gifheart.gif

Well here she is...

951902-EDR_Front.jpg

Picked up on Friday after work, put about 110 miles on the clock yesterday and friday night.

Loving every minute of it (of course!). Got the washing bits out this morning and gave the Monzas a quick polish and seal then gave the bodywork a quick rinse (whilst dodging the showers!).

laugh.gif

post-14260-137914376932_thumb.jpg

looking good, but i think your auto light sensor might be faulty!!!!!lol.

Looks very nice, can't wait for mine now..

One question, how long did it take from VW saying it was being built until it was delivered to the dealer?

[ QUOTE ]

Looks very nice, can't wait for mine now..

One question, how long did it take from VW saying it was being built until it was delivered to the dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 weeks and 2 days from "Build Complete" to arriving on the transporter. (my car was complete on the wednesday morning of the build week, but wasn't loaded onto the ship for another 10 days). It took 7 days from shipping to collection.

BLOCK> yeah i'll have to get the light sensor checked out! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

2 weeks and 2 days from "Build Complete" to arriving on the transporter. (my car was complete on the wednesday morning of the build week, but wasn't loaded onto the ship for another 10 days). It took 7 days from shipping to collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, I've been waiting for mine just over 2 months now an I'm getting a bit nervous about the time frame.

I just rang the slacker of a salesman and he's going to call me back about it whe he's checked the system.

Here's still hoping for a 1/11 delivery.

Eldiablo - Superb car looks exactly the same as mine :-) :-) Picked up the GTI on Saturday. All very exciting and it seems a really good car. Still getting 100% used to the DSG but it does seem good - and plenty of poke too even though im 'trying' to run it in. Just one small - well maybe not so small issue. On Sunday I noticed a small dent near the drivers door handle which was obviously like that upon delivery because you could see where someone at VW had tried to do some work on it due to some dulling of paintwork around it when you look closely. Am about to contact the dealer to get them to sort it out - not quite sure what will be required but I want it perfect. Slightly annoying that a brand new nearly £25k car comes dented - and VW must have known! Shame I did not spot it on collection. Will make sure I post some pics of the car up very soon I promise. Shame the weather was so bad over the weekend its filthy already :-( Had to do a lot of country lane driving over the weekend and got home so late lastnight could not wash it. Done nearly 300 miles already lol

Great to hear you're enjoying it! Being a hatch, they get really filthy really quickly. Be patient about the DSG - It takes at least a couple of thousand miles to get to know all the optional combinations it offers and for it to become natural to you....But, she's worth it [cue for a pic of a L'Oreal girl yet again?].

169144-ok.gif

Yeah im sure I will get used to it soon - by the end of the weekend it was becoming more second nature. Blimey dont half rev well in sport mode! Did not make the running in easy - soon took it out of that. Liked the exhaust pop you get when you change from 2 - 3rd gear and get the timing just right :-) Going to wash it tonight (even if its raining) to see if there are any other dents that ive missed. By the way - spoke to dealer - and he will be sorting the dent out for me... too right!

Im picking my car up tomorrow at 3pm...YAY!!!

Sold the clio on ebay and guy is picking that up tomorrow eve - just had my last drive in the clio and didnt feel that bad about it - its time to move on...

Now ive just got to get through the day at work until about 2pm when I leave to get the GTi...

mistert99 - all the best your going to love it. I actually enjoy the 40 or so miles to work now :-)

By the way - had call from dealer today - mine is going back in on Monday to have the dent sorted. Could be in for 4 days. He is lending me a Golf GT - was going to ask for a R32 but thought what the heck lets see what the GT is like.

Promise I will put a pic of the car up soon!